News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Condolences - Stanmarsh

Started by Geddy, May 14, 2018, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geddy

Sadly I'm here to inform folk of the passing of Stanmarsh's mam.  Dawn was a gem, a character and a fighter but sadly has lost her fight.  I'm sure you will all join me in hoping for all the best for Mark and his family and offer any support in any way we can.

All the best fella... take care.

niallquinn

FME is for life, not just for Christmas.

altharic

She was a heck of a character if she thought you needed to be told you were told.

Take care mate look after yourself.

Tommy c

Sorry to hear of your loss,i wish you all the  best.

Daryl

Hugs and love Mark x
My website... take a ganders!
www.daryl2510.wordpress.com

Find me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/daryl2510

wearecity

Really sorry to hear about your mum Mark.

As they say, a person, can have several fathers, but only one true mother.

DAD

Thinking of you at this sad time Mark.
Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)

barcrest junky

Sorry to hear this Mark. My condolences at this sad time.

Marlon36

Sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

stanmarsh14

Forgive the rather sombre tone folks, but think I best explain myself with regards to my comments on my Screen Play thread (MPU Mecca) and Facebook.

Monday morning, had to rush mum (Dawn) in to the QMC, Nottingham, with a suspect over dose.

Hell of a battle in A&E, moved to ICU, and by 7PM, we (Myself, sister, and other relations) unfortunately lost her.

Mental Health even to this day, is one of the great unknowns, and you ask yourself constantly, what could have I done to prevent this, even as her carer? Truth be told, not a clue.

All I can say as some general advice to all, is don't suffer in silence, talk to people, let the ones you most cherish and trust know you need help, and to those who can help, even a kind word for those in need can help..... sometimes amazing what this kind word can do to a person who's suffering.

At this point in time, I have absolutely no clue how to move on (Been her full-time carer for near on 20 years) or what to do next, but certainly for the next two weeks or so, not going to worry about it, though I am concerned as hell what to do with the cat, much as I love Chorlton to death, I live in a top floor flat, and next to no income for the foreseeable future.

​Mark

andy-1

Sorry to hear this, condolences to you and your family.

evo

Feel sorry for your loss as its never nice to lose anyone. Unfortunately Mental health is on the rise or should i say its always being there but never really talked about. Am a mental health mentor at work as a sideline to my main job and yes it is good to talk to someone about anything no matter how small the issue may be so we can guide you to the right services within the company. But the thing is the older generation seem to look upon mental health the wrong way and think if you a bit that way your going to get locked up in a padded cell or if you tell friends and family your looked upon as been weak and a let down.

This attitude needs to change,it doesn't matter how old/young,color or gender it can affect everyone.We all have problems from time to time and it could be anything from money problems as us gamblers should know about,to something like loss of a job and not knowing what the future holds that sends people into worry etc.

With the stress of life which the human race has created its only going to get worse.

People really do need to talk and not be shamed how big or how small the problem is!

As i said at the beginning am really sorry for your loss but what you don't want to do is bottle it up yourself and go down that path,you have friends and family don't push them aside and try to deal with this yourself talk to each other please,and there always friends on here that would listen to you if need be.

Take care of each other.

Dave

stanmarsh14

Surprising where you can find help in this world.

Posted about my dilemma on the Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC) page (Facebook), and had a member over in the Grantham area, give me some very useful words of support as well as links, so I can move forward in this mess.

Phillipa Paulette, you are an angel!

Also got mum's shrink phoning me tomorrow, who fortunately is based over at Ilkeston Community Hospital, so if needs must, not too much of a problem to get to.

Big worry, is the DWP, however got 8 weeks continuation from what Phillipa has found out, and a friend with disabilities has contacted me about a poss house share, which will allow him to move out from his mum's, and give him the independence he desires, though this may mean me moving to South / West Yorkshire (Always wanted to move to Sheffield anyway), and I already have a few friends and ex gaffer in that area (Gaffer was here for me when I lost me dad when I was 18).

​Also got a friend who works with ICU as an independent legal officer, working on a lot of cases for the Healthcare & Professions Council (HCPC), who basically rips apart barristers in the High Courts of London.... or a Professional bastard as he calls himself :D

Marlon36

I'm so sorry, I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family must be going through at this sad and difficult time.

As someone who has worked in a Mental Health Hospital and someone who suffered with Mental Health problems, I know what a dreadful bastard of an illness it is. Not only on how bad it effects the person but also in some cases on how it can effect the closest people to the person who suffers with it.

I'm glad that you're finding some help, I'm sure everything will sort itself out. Best wishes to you and your family, Mark.