News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Condolences - Stanmarsh

Started by Geddy, May 14, 2018, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanmarsh14

UPDATE....

Service was done yesterday at Bramcote Crematorium, Nottingham.

Family from Wales, Middlesbrough and here in Long Eaton, along with some close friends in attendance, and even some faces I did not think would come, all in a rather civilised, non-religious send off.

The celebrant (In lieu of when you would expect a Minister etc), was amazing, even a few funnies thrown in, like getting my niece's age wrong, mum's some what dirty mind and that..... guess it helped that he had worked several jobs at the very same crem before, so knew the place very well.

To get to the point, the wake afterwards was done at The Bell Inn, Sawley (Short walk from Long Eaton Train Station, and quite close to my flat too), hosts being the Ian Lager (Manager), and Laura Beaty (Both long time friends of my sister's)..... guy's, you did a cracking job putting this on, making everyone feel welcome, despite accommodation being a bit tight..... Could not have asked for more.

Ian, pleasing to see, that even being a bit restricted what beers you can have on, you still managed to get the likes of Blue Monkey, Dancing Duck, and a few others on in your place, and the DD Aye Up was perfect.

Folks, if you are ever in the area, give this place a visit, you will find a selection for everyone (Yes I know, even Greene King), that will suit all tastes.

http://www.thebellinnsawley.co.uk

wearecity

Pleased to see things went off without a hitch.

I still say losing my mum, will be the worse life moment, that I will suffer.

Glad to see you had lots of family and friends to help you start to move on the best you can.

Daryl

I can't 'Like' any of the posts as it has disappeared from my panel...

But I'm so pleased for you emotionally that all went as smooth as it could duck x
My website... take a ganders!
www.daryl2510.wordpress.com

Find me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/daryl2510