News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Getting fed up

Started by Slasher, Feb 22, 2015, 01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altharic

Quote from: Geddy on Mar 07, 2015, 03:26 PM
Quote from: re-emulated on Mar 07, 2015, 02:48 PMWhat does all that even mean?  DT is an accomplished coder and pretty sure he did work in the gaming industry at some point.

I *think* it refers to a fair few of DT's works were unfinished.  Rumours are Wizzy finished a fair chunk of them including JPeMu....

Even his Sharp emulation had massive chunks of mame in it.

barcrest junky

Quote from: Geddy on Mar 07, 2015, 10:09 AMWasn't so much Feng as his mouth piece that was the cuntbucket......  oh I fondly remember the post that I read that basically after months of telling people the 'score' that I could sit back and say 'I told you so.'  I don't like basking in that type of glory but on that occasion it was very sweet.  I think AMs post once the penny had dropped was especially satisfying.

Is the thread still about? ;)

Here you go - link to alex's post, but the whole thread is worth another read

http://www.fruitforums.com/vb/showthread.php?28109-EPOCH-Emulation-The-Truth-Please&p=399273&viewfull=1#post399273

bj

altharic

Forgot how many wankers i hated at ff, irony is they never banned him and look what happened next.....

Geddy

altharic

$500 worth of cock sucking.

re-emulated

It would seem quite commonplace to use chunks of mame code.  It would also seem that without use of this mame code,  however naughty, how many fruit machine emulators would we actually have?  1, maybe 2?  I'm not  a coder and neither are 99% of fme members unfortunately, but we have all benefitted from their skills however they got there, wrong or right.  I just think slagging them off because they no longer contribute is one of the very reasons this scene will never ever move forward.

Are there other emulator projects that are closed source but use mame code?

J

re-emulated

I just hope Guitar doesn't abandon fme.  He is the only 'forum active' coder we have remaining.

J

Geddy

Using MAME code is not bad thing and is actually encouraged, not giving back and or trying to sell a product containing MAME code is a different matter.  Surely Wizzy should have been part of the coders 'code' so to speak but he actually ripped off the hand that fed him and I guess continues to do so to this day.  He has given back to MAME far far less that he took and far far less that he should have done, leaving MAME and FME rather short changed.

I get the point about potential coders being put off joining our scene however I think FME is rather unique.  I'm not aware of any other emulation scene where the coders have dicked the members about so much.  I think Re-A and Guitar are exempt from this, I mean Guitar says this that and the other are easy to put in and will take X amount of time then a new 'direction' is taken to stop this happening but at least he communicates with the scene.  The rest have been responsible for treating the members like shit.  The EPEE saga, the MFME carrot dangles.... dear me no wonder us, the common plebs have turned so much to the dark side. 

So sorry I do  not buy this 'we will frighten them off' lark from where I'm sitting the coders were treated like Gods.  Got their plaudits then for one Andy reason Tutton or another decided to piss us about and play games.  Eventually the members got sick of being dicked about and give some back, fair enough in my book.  Like I have always said there is one person and one person alone stopping a new release of MFME and that is Wizzy.... no one else.

altharic

I know for a fact that Raphael Nabets TMS99xx  cores were wholy used in the mfme implimentation of the mps techs and the bug fixes used were not passed on to the author or the mame team until they asked for them from wizzy.

re-emulated

Who cares about Wizard and his coding skills, I thought he just stole code from mame as he couldn't code!!!   How could he possibly make bug fixes....

Anyway that's not my point I just can't understand why suddenly you are slating DT and his lack of coding skills.  He's not an active member any longer.

Anyway, instead of going on, what can be done to fix fme?

Can we set up a fund for Guitar?  Be nice to get some input from Guitar, he certainly knows his stuff and is potentially the only fme coder around who still cares enough to work on emulators.

J

altharic

Quote from: re-emulated on Mar 07, 2015, 10:56 PMWho cares about Wizard and his coding skills, I thought he just stole code from mame as he couldn't code!!!   How could he possibly make bug fixes....

Anyway that's not my point I just can't understand why suddenly you are slating DT and his lack of coding skills.  He's not an active member any longer.

Anyway, instead of going on, what can be done to fix fme?

Can we set up a fund for Guitar?  Be nice to get some input from Guitar, he certainly knows his stuff and is potentially the only fme coder around who still cares enough to work on emulators.

J

All guitar needs is to listen to who in the scene is left and act on it its tragic he posted that crap about amber being dead etc.

Coders disease means he forgets what its like on this side of the fence seeing carrots and horseshit.

altharic

Andrew tutton on several occasions told me that dialtones main 'job' in mfme was to document the code not actually code.

Now this is the problem you have with dialtone,  he says tutton co coded jpemu whilst i doubt that dt never refuted it but stated it was true.

You can't rely on shit really.

DAD

If Guitar can bring something better than Amber, then I can accept its dead.  

Lets look to the future instead of digging the same old shit up again.  Its getting really boring now.
Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)

altharic

Quote from: DAD on Mar 07, 2015, 11:28 PMIf Guitar can bring something better than Amber, then I can accept its dead.  

Lets look to the future instead of digging the same old shit up again.  Its getting really boring now.

But i am sure you agree the cryptic crap damages his position, forces the reader to think fuck that lets watch the voice.

altharic

Quote from: DAD on Mar 07, 2015, 11:28 PMIf Guitar can bring something better than Amber, then I can accept its dead. 

Lets look to the future instead of digging the same old shit up again.  Its getting really boring now.

Are you arsed about one of them horse racing machines being emulated?