FAO DAD

Started by niallquinn, Feb 23, 2015, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niallquinn

Sod this FME lark, get your guitar out, and do these early Quo numbers for me -

Black Veils of Meloncholy.
When My Mind Is Not Live.
Ice In the Sun.
Their cover of the lemon pipers Green Tambourine.
Elizabeth Dreams.

and obviously,

Pictures of Matchstick Men.

Thanking you.

NQ.
FME is for life, not just for Christmas.

DAD

Quote from: niallquinn on Feb 23, 2015, 09:46 PMSod this FME lark, get your guitar out, and do these early Quo numbers for me -

Ice In the Sun.
Elizabeth Dreams.

and obviously,

Thanking you.

NQ.
You'll never believe this but I'm sat here thinking exactly the same thing.  I was planning on spending some time tomorrow in my man cave putting something together lol

Here's a version of Pictures of Matchstick Men I did the other day using a hacked karaoke track as backing with me playing an acoustic guitar over it.  Was toying with the idea of singing on this one but its a little high for me.
Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)

chasnbons

Quote from: DAD on Feb 23, 2015, 10:06 PM
Quote from: niallquinn on Feb 23, 2015, 09:46 PMSod this FME lark, get your guitar out, and do these early Quo numbers for me -

Ice In the Sun.
Elizabeth Dreams.

and obviously,

Thanking you.

NQ.
You'll never believe this but I'm sat here thinking exactly the same thing.  I was planning on spending some time tomorrow in my man cave putting something together lol

Here's a version of Pictures of Matchstick Men I did the other day using a hacked karaoke track as backing with me playing an acoustic guitar over it.  Was toying with the idea of singing on this one but its a little high for me.

Not sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that!

Is there no end to your talents?

Brilliant mate :)

DAD

Quote from: chasnbons on Feb 23, 2015, 10:09 PM

Ice In the Sun.
Elizabeth Dreams.

and obviously,

Thanking you.

NQ.

Cheers, that's just a work in progress.  I'd like to do the whole lot myself instead of having a backing track.  NQ's suggestions are always a little early for me like the Floyd stuff he was after me doing.  I prefer stuff from around 72 onwards. 

For Quo stuff take your pick from

Paper Plane
Caroline
Down Down
Wild Side if Life
Rain
Mystery Song

plus anything else for around that era and and I'll give 'em a go

Here's a link to the old thread. 

http://dadsfme.byethost7.com/index.php?topic=376.0

I might still have he mp3s if there's any you want to here, bearing in mind they're mostly crap lol

chasnbons

Quote from: DAD on Feb 23, 2015, 10:26 PM
Quote from: chasnbons on Feb 23, 2015, 10:09 PM

Ice In the Sun.
Elizabeth Dreams.

and obviously,

Thanking you.

NQ.

Cheers, that's just a work in progress.  I'd like to do the whole lot myself instead of having a backing track.  NQ's suggestions are always a little early for me like the Floyd stuff he was after me doing.  I prefer stuff from around 72 onwards. 

For Quo stuff take your pick from

Paper Plane
Caroline
Down Down
Wild Side if Life
Rain
Mystery Song

plus anything else for around that era and and I'll give 'em a go

Here's a link to the old thread. 

http://dadsfme.byethost7.com/index.php?topic=376.0

I might still have he mp3s if there's any you want to here, bearing in mind they're mostly crap lol

Very interesting read that.

Let's have a listen to Down Down, seeing as now I've seen the title, it's gonna be going round in my head all day :)

Geddy

Surely all Quo tracks are easy to play since they are only 2 chords.. ;)  I could not do it like.... I'm left handed..... :P

DAD

Right, had a bash at Down Down from the mighty QUO starting completely from scratch.  I'm playing lead, rhythm and bass but not the drums coz....well I don't have any lol  This is still work in progress and still needs lots of editing to get it anywhere near.  If you don't play it loud then you're a fanny!!

Feel free to sing along:

Get down deeper and down
Down down deeper and down
Get down deeper and down

I want all the world to see
To see you're laughing
And you're laughing at me
I can take it all from you
Again again again again again again again
Deeper and down
Get down deeper and down

I have all the ways you see
To keep you guessing
Stop your messing with me
You'll be back to find your way
Deeper and down
Get down

Get down deeper and down
Get down deeper and down

I have found out you see
I know what you're doing
What you`re doing to me
I'll keep on and say to you
Deeper and down
Get down

stanmarsh14

Well DAD, remember this one you did? :)

DAD

Quote from: stanmarsh14 on Feb 24, 2015, 02:19 PMWell DAD, remember this one you did? :)
Shit! thats awful.  I'll redo that one lol

stanmarsh14

Quote from: DAD on Feb 24, 2015, 03:12 PM
Quote from: stanmarsh14 on Feb 24, 2015, 02:19 PMWell DAD, remember this one you did? :)
Shit! thats awful.  I'll redo that one lol

Heh, you did say at the time on the old site, you have fucked it up in parts, but even so, nice to hear your efforts all the same :)

DAD

Amazing what you can do with 2 thumbs!!!

Been on the old guitars again doing some early quo songs, one of which 'Joanne' was the B side to Caroline which I bought in 73.  Anyway, for years I've had a problem not being able to do my own drum tracks.  Not because there aren't any decent enough programs about because there are, its more that I'm too lazy to learn and don't know enough about drumming to make best use of the software.   The other day though while browsing the Apple app store, I came across this app called Real Drum which looked like a bit of fun so I downloaded it.

Here's my first 3 attempts at doing songs with all instruments played by ME :)

Joanne was the first attempt during which the lead from my Iphone fell out so the drums fall silent for a few seconds lol Then a song called 'Claudie' the lastly a song called 'Lonely man'.  There are some timing issues in all of them but that's because the drums were added last.

cheers

Slasher

Pffft iPhone pah

niallquinn

Down Down and POMM are mint.

NQ.
FME is for life, not just for Christmas.

DAD

Quote from: niallquinn on Apr 04, 2015, 08:39 PMDown Down and POMM are mint.

NQ.

Cheers :)

Have a listen to the others and let me know what you think.