News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Hello all :)

Started by adamfromderby, Feb 20, 2021, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamfromderby

Hello everyone, I will keep this brief as I don't want to bore everybody with new member post #135902

I have been a huge FM/FME fan for a large number of years but have been away from the scene for a while and over the last few months have wanted to dive back in.

2p a spin machines aside, my earliest memory of a fruit machine was Andy Capp with the MAX 147 feature (147 nudges which I would regularly mess up and bring in the mixed 7s) and we also had in our possession the Popeye, Coronation Street and Pink Panther machines.

I no longer have the physical machines but thats why I've jumped info FME!

Anyway, glad to be here, hope everyones well during these poor times.

adamfromderby

Can I just ask for some etiquette lessons - I can see that people thank people for new releases, which is great.

I wanted to pick up the Crystal Maze (downloaded already!) - would it annoy people to bump a 2 year old post just to say thank you?

If so, I won't, but thank you!

DAD

Quote from: adamfromderby on Feb 20, 2021, 10:10 AMCan I just ask for some etiquette lessons - I can see that people thank people for new releases, which is great.

I wanted to pick up the Crystal Maze (downloaded already!) - would it annoy people to bump a 2 year old post just to say thank you?

If so, I won't, but thank you!
Firstly welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro. 

Yeah I appreciate the question but my view is if you download something and want to show your appreciation then please do so regardless of its age. 

Its kind of a problem for the site when people want to post thanks to an old thread as it bumps it straight to the top of the list again and on occasion some members may think its a new release.  Unfortunately that's the way the software works and I can't change it.
Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)

adamfromderby

Thanks a lot Dad my man. The majority of my downloads were very old threads so I haven't bumped them, but it's been nice to find some of the classics. I think the machines from around 95 to 2000 were my golden era.

Freedom

Appreciation never ages, even if you bump it to the top others may of been looking for it too so you could be doing others a favour by promoting it in its own right.
Hawaiian says "Join us on Freedom too if you so wish"!