News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Oculus Go & FME

Started by DAD, Sep 12, 2020, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAD

Just wanted to say that playing FME on a VR Headset is pretty damn good. 

I while back during lockdown I bought myself a second hand Oculus Go fairly cheap on ebay, just to pass the time really.  Having bought the Virtual Desktop app I thought I'd see what MFME looked like and was very impressed with the results.  If you maximise (F3) the screen its almost like standing in front of the real machine!!  Obviously the better the layout the better the effect but some are simply brilliant.

Anyone else tried FME on VR?
Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)

Geddy

Sounds very interesting...

wearecity

Thanks for this, sounds very interesting.

I got an Oculus Go, Christmas 2018. Used it about 3 or 4 times and it's been in the box since. Battery life and weight the two main issues I had with it.

But the Virtual Desktop App, sounds like it's a game changer and something I definitely am now going to look into seeing how it all works.

Will report back lol, when I've had a go at this and let you know, how I get on.

DAD

Quote from: wearecity on Sep 13, 2020, 06:42 AMThanks for this, sounds very interesting.

I got an Oculus Go, Christmas 2018. Used it about 3 or 4 times and it's been in the box since. Battery life and weight the two main issues I had with it.

But the Virtual Desktop App, sounds like it's a game changer and something I definitely am now going to look into seeing how it all works.

Will report back lol, when I've had a go at this and let you know, how I get on.

Virtual Desktop is also good for playing games on your lappy and for watching 3D movies so its definately worth the purchase price.  I tried one called Big Screen but that was really laggy and nowhere near as good.  Virtual Desktop recommend you have a ethernet cable plugged in between your router and PC to improve speed but I've had no issues at all using wi-fi, maybe its because my chair is only 4ft away from my router.   

I agree about the weight of the Oculus Go but I've read its lighter than some and I manage OK for a 10-15 session.  Also agree on battery life but since I have my lappy nearby I have it plugged in the USB so it charges at the same time.

Be great to hear what you think once you've got set up :)

DAD

@wearecity

Did you get chance to give this a go?  I tried Baking Bad on it last night and because of my poor eyesight (need a test) its much clearer on the Oculus Go.  Its also more colourful and brighter too!!

Yeah you can't stand it for long because it's a little uncomfy after a while, but it really is a brilliant way to view MFME especially in full screen mode (F3)

Virtual Desktop is £7.99 on the Oculus Go store but well worth it IMHO as you can use it for anything you normally view on PC/Lappy.

wearecity

Not yet, the day I posted that, was the saddest day Sunday.

I was going to try it out in the next week when I had some time off, but I didn't do anything FME wise for days, then focused on getting Top Stop done.

I did look at the app,read the reviews and watched a few YouTube videos about it, on the day I posted, but of course it then went out of my head.

I have some time off next week, so hopefully will get a look at it then.