News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Fruit-Emu down

Started by aaamusements, Jun 21, 2015, 09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaamusements

Fruit-emu is currently unavailable due to a DDOS attack on the server. Hopefully this will soon be resolved.

We've drawn up a short-list of people who might hold a grudge against the site, I'm currently into the second box of paper and now I'm out of toner...

;)

Tommy c

Whats a ddos? Hope its back soon.

vectra666

Ouch sounds painful hopefully it can be resolved soon. To many grudges within this so called hobby why can't members just get along is beyond me. 
 Even I can think of a few that would bring a site down just for the hell of it. 

altharic

Quote from: aaamusements on Jun 21, 2015, 09:42 PMFruit-emu is currently unavailable due to a DDOS attack on the server. Hopefully this will soon be resolved.

We've drawn up a short-list of people who might hold a grudge against the site, I'm currently into the second box of paper and now I'm out of toner...

;)

It was tutton in the conservatory with the line up layout

altharic

Quote from: vectra666 on Jun 22, 2015, 08:54 AMOuch sounds painful hopefully it can be resolved soon. To many grudges within this so called hobby why can't members just get along is beyond me.  
 Even I can think of a few that would bring a site down just for the hell of it.
Name and shame....

vectra666

Just read up on the Ddos attack and it can be very serious indeed. What starts off as one single Ip addess or hack to the main server, it then appears it can multiple to thousands if not millions of addresses making it difficult to track where the culprit Originates from.
Just hope this can be solved soon.

Clo06

Hope it gets resolved soon & the culprit caught :)

Guitar

Quote from: Tommy c on Jun 22, 2015, 07:36 AMWhats a ddos? Hope its back soon.

Distributed Denial Of Service.

Tommy c

Cheers guitar, good to see ur still about.

Guitar

Quote from: westy20040 on Jun 22, 2015, 02:44 PMHope it gets resolved soon & the culprit caught :)

Unless someone is really pissed off with Fruit-Emu, and has the knowledge, and can be arsed. I would imagine it's the Chinese. They have been creating lots of hackers thanks to the great firewall of china. Many hackers will pick on a smaller website and take it down just for practice.
Putting a more sinister hat on maybe it's the manufacturers getting their own back, but it seems a bit late for that. The newest machine emulated was DOND and that thread was on here, not Fruit-Emu.

ricardo de ponsa

'Denial Of Service' is quite a common event on sites these days. As for a 'Local hacker', most people here couldn't hack their way out of a paper bag....LOL!!!!!!!

aaamusements

Yep probably the Chinese. Or the Russians.

Anyway it's back again...

Daryl

Quote from: aaamusements on Jun 22, 2015, 09:31 PMYep probably the Chinese. Or the Russians.

Well, if the Russians or Chinese are going to think that they can upgrade their 'superpower' capabilities by hacking an FME website - then they're far more thicker and less intelligent than I thought...

...we haven't had anything new and knicker-wagging in 8 years!!
My website... take a ganders!
www.daryl2510.wordpress.com

Find me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/daryl2510

Guitar

aaamusements

Quote from: Guitar on Jun 23, 2015, 07:35 PM
Quote from: aaamusements on Jun 22, 2015, 09:31 PMAnyway it's back again...

no it isn't.

It was, now it's not. But for a different reason. The upgrade is "over-running" (NOT code for "failed", honest).