News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Just Saying Hello

Started by torbay fruits, Oct 20, 2020, 08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torbay fruits

Hello Dad and all who work hard to keep this site up and running.Im a member over on D.I.Fs and decided it was about time i came over here to say hello aswell.From first impressions it looks like many of the same faces are active on this site as on D.I.Fs but maybe there are some new faces aswell.Just wanted to say that i live in torbay and have played the fruits since i was a kid.Grew up in this sea side town so like many people who live in simular areas arcades were plentyful.

I enjoy playing fruit machines to this very day but like to think that i now only play for fun and never spend more than i can afford.Of course i wouldnt be a true gambler if that rule goes out the window from time to time and i find myself getting sucked into playing something even though the line has been crossed and you know you are not getting your money back but you still cannot walk away!!!! Im sure weve all done it.I like to record some of my sessions and put it up on youtube,but like i said i only do this for fun.

I started playing MFME about 6 years ago maybe and because i had and still have no clue about computors it took along time (and lots of help from very paitent friends) to be able to get up and running.But i got there in the end.Having bought a new laptop a few months ago i found myself in the position of having to try and remember how on earth i got it all to work way back then.But ive managed it.Alot of thanks has to goto Degseys youtube channel as he has some videos that were and still are extremely helpful in getting me started again.

I still to this day have no clue how computors work and not a clue how people even go about making these amazing layouts but i am extremely grateful to each and every person who has anything to do with helping get to the final product....a playable fruit machine that you remember from your youth right there on your laptop waiting for you to play.......and all this for free!!!! truly amazing.Again from watching Degsey videos i learnt the sad news that Mr Wren had passed away.This was the man responsible for gifting to the world the programme that allows the layouts to run.I never knew Wizard but it was obvious how much he meant to everyone in this community and its good to see he is remembered on this site aswell as others.I just wanted to acknowledge that many people work hard and give their time to make this stuff but the emulator its self was one mans life work and for that work to then be shared with us all free of charge is truly amazing.I see some posts where someone has made an account and their first post is "where are the downloads" or comments along those lines.I can imagine how frustrating that must be to the people who have worked so hard.

Anyway,this was just going to be a quick introduction post from myself and i feel i maybe banging on abit!!!
So,777heavens was really the first machine i played "properly".didnt have a clue how to play but it was when i really moved from casual play to wanting to know all there was to know.I just love project coin and seeing a good selection all lined up in Daves arcade in bognor makes me want to visit sooooo bad.lol.
I have been to reel fruits in maidenhead and Mr Ps in chatham and it was an amazing couple of days.That was over 2 years ago and what with covid and busy at work ive not had time to go for another visit.But how amazing that i can fire up my laptop,load up MFME and stick 7heavens or crazy pays or hit the six and just give them a real good play untill i get the run/streak!!! Its awesome.so again,before i download anything from this site,a massive thankyou to you all for making this possible.I just know there are hours and hours of fun awaiting me on this site.

Thankyou.

TORBAY FRUITS (AND JACKPOTS)
(dont forget to like,sub and comment and all that funky stuff.lol)

Clo06

DAD

Well that's the longest intro we've had so far lol. Welcome to the site :)
Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)

andy-1

Welcome to Dadsfme, that's some intro.

Freedom

Fantastic stuff and a warm welcome😊
Hawaiian says "Join us on Freedom too if you so wish"!

vectra666

A very nice detailed intro
Makes a change from "hi my names Dave, I wanna play partytime it won't run?"
Seen your vids from the arcades around the English riviera they're not to bad down there been a few times myself

Alpinerob

Hi all
My name is Rob
I found this forum out of curiosity after reading about old school fruit machines
i grew up in Hastings and played many of the games and fruit machines from the 80s and spent a lot of time in the arcades the ones i recall are
Big Shot 10p  £3 win anything over £1.50 was paid in tokens
Smash n Grab 10p £3 win
Win A Gain   2p    £1.50 win
Money Bags   2p    £1.50 win
Cashcade     2p    £1.50 win
Banker       2p    £1.50 win
Line up      10p   £2.00 win
I would love to experience these again being a complete novice i welcome any help trying to find out if any of these still exist and where to find them 
I recently installed MFME on my laptop  and managed to find Eachway Nudger and Bar X [Bar Deluxe] which are working fine i would love to get a few more
so any recommendations that i have not listed would be great as would any advice

Rob

DAD

Quote from: Alpinerob on Jan 20, 2021, 12:30 PMHi all
My name is Rob
I found this forum out of curiosity after reading about old school fruit machines
i grew up in Hastings and played many of the games and fruit machines from the 80s and spent a lot of time in the arcades the ones i recall are
Big Shot 10p  £3 win anything over £1.50 was paid in tokens
Smash n Grab 10p £3 win
Win A Gain   2p    £1.50 win
Money Bags   2p    £1.50 win
Cashcade     2p    £1.50 win
Banker       2p    £1.50 win
Line up      10p   £2.00 win
I would love to experience these again being a complete novice i welcome any help trying to find out if any of these still exist and where to find them 
I recently installed MFME on my laptop  and managed to find Eachway Nudger and Bar X [Bar Deluxe] which are working fine i would love to get a few more
so any recommendations that i have not listed would be great as would any advice

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for the intro and welcome to DADsFME.

I'd say most, if not all of the machines you mentioned are emulated.  You'd don't say which version of the emulator you have installed but the latest version (MFME 20.1) is only available from https://www.desertislandfruits.com, so if you're not a member there already, I recommend you sign up.  They also have a brilliant section for 'new members' to help you get started.

Cheers

Alpinerob

Hi Dad

Thank you i will go and check out the website im running 10.1 so sounds like im well behind with the times
Its been years since i played around with pc,s i think XP was still in use and vista  was just coming out so its like starting from scratch again
I found  a Big Shot 2p version on here and money bags which were my favourite machines back in the day they were in every arcade in Hastings along with Win A gain Banker etc
Going to sound like a complete newbie now i extracted them to the same folder as i did with Bar X thank you for that by the way but it gives me an error ROM Entry Missing
I have looked over the forum and can only find 1 post that covers this and from what i can gather its an issue with the .gam file and it needs to be renamed to match the ROM names Which i dont mind trying what software do i need to open the .gam file 
I thank you in advance and everyone who has anything to do with recreating the ROM's massive respect to all that put the time and effort in to keep these classic machines alive
Rob

DAD

Quote from: Alpinerob on Jan 20, 2021, 10:17 PMHi Dad

Thank you i will go and check out the website im running 10.1 so sounds like im well behind with the times
Its been years since i played around with pc,s i think XP was still in use and vista  was just coming out so its like starting from scratch again
I found  a Big Shot 2p version on here and money bags which were my favourite machines back in the day they were in every arcade in Hastings along with Win A gain Banker etc
Going to sound like a complete newbie now i extracted them to the same folder as i did with Bar X thank you for that by the way but it gives me an error ROM Entry Missing
I have looked over the forum and can only find 1 post that covers this and from what i can gather its an issue with the .gam file and it needs to be renamed to match the ROM names Which i dont mind trying what software do i need to open the .gam file 
I thank you in advance and everyone who has anything to do with recreating the ROM's massive respect to all that put the time and effort in to keep these classic machines alive
Rob

First thing is don't extract them to the same folder.  Always create a separate folder for each game.  That way things don't get overwritten by mistake.  It also makes them easier to find.

A .GAM file can be opened with Windows Notepad, just ensure it saves as a .gam & not .txt, but TBH you shouldn't ever need to alter a .gam file.

If you have a rom not found issue, try unzipping the game again but put it in its own folder.  If you still have problems let me know.  Its possible roms weren't included in the release although very unlikely.

These are typical questions for a beginner so don't worry.  Anything you want to ask - fire away, but it would be a good idea to stick them in the MFME Q & A section so others can find the post easily.

Alpinerob

Hi DAD
Thank you for a swift reply
All the ROM's have been extrated into there own folder i have just tried again some of the folders have ROM in HEX files but the Big Shot has only BIN files
System MPU4
DIP 1 00000000
DIP 2 00000000
REEL 1 39 56
REEL 2 15 80
REEL 3 87 8
Percentage 7
SetPercent 84
TotalIn 387
TotalOut 264
Effects 255
Played 75
Game BIG SHOT 2P /£2 BY HT6 2018 THANKS TO Orchid and Wizard
Layout BIG SHOT.fml
ROM BIG_SHOT_2P_P1.BIN
ROM BIG_SHOT_2P_P2.BIN

I tried putting a ROM file from another folder in there but that didnt work
Once again thank you
Rob

DAD

Quote from: Alpinerob on Jan 20, 2021, 11:13 PMHi DAD
Thank you for a swift reply
All the ROM's have been extrated into there own folder i have just tried again some of the folders have ROM in HEX files but the Big Shot has only BIN files
System MPU4
DIP 1 00000000
DIP 2 00000000
REEL 1 39 56
REEL 2 15 80
REEL 3 87 8
Percentage 7
SetPercent 84
TotalIn 387
TotalOut 264
Effects 255
Played 75
Game BIG SHOT 2P /£2 BY HT6 2018 THANKS TO Orchid and Wizard
Layout BIG SHOT.fml
ROM BIG_SHOT_2P_P1.BIN
ROM BIG_SHOT_2P_P2.BIN

I tried putting a ROM file from another folder in there but that didnt work
Once again thank you
Rob
The roms NEED to be in the same folder as the layout. 

When I mentioned separate folders I meant for each layout/game :)

DAD

If you've not signed up to Desert Island Fruit yet, check out this video for some good tips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtX9qndUYzo&feature=emb_logo

Its a little out of date but a lot is still relevant :)

Alpinerob

Hi DAD
Yes I signed up to Desert Island Fruit thank you
I will give the youtube video a watch tomorrow

Rob

Alpinerob

Hi Dad
Quick update after joining Desert Island Fruits I downloaded the latest MFME and all the machine ROMs now work
Thank you so much for your patience and help
Rob