News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Other Hobbies

Started by Geddy, Jan 28, 2015, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geddy

Quote from: Geddy on Feb 13, 2019, 07:12 PMNow another late in the day hobby has sneaked up on me, something I've always wanted to do but never did... fishing! 

...well that kind of escalated.  Due to getting some horrendous customer service my missus suggested I started to sell my own fishing tackle, so just over 12 months later from selling bits and bobs in my spare room I now have my own LTD company, shop www site etc etc.  Tough going at times but getting there :)

Daryl

Quote from: Geddy on Apr 22, 2022, 08:22 AM
Quote from: Geddy on Feb 13, 2019, 07:12 PMNow another late in the day hobby has sneaked up on me, something I've always wanted to do but never did... fishing! 

...well that kind of escalated.  Due to getting some horrendous customer service my missus suggested I started to sell my own fishing tackle, so just over 12 months later from selling bits and bobs in my spare room I now have my own LTD company, shop www site etc etc.  Tough going at times but getting there :)
getting ya tackle out and selling it sounds quite a good business opportunity bud...
My website... take a ganders!
www.daryl2510.wordpress.com

Find me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/daryl2510

niallquinn

After an absence of about 40 years, finally got back into 00 guage.

In fact, devoted an entire room to it.

9 foot by 5 foot baseboard.

Style is the NER, around the 1950's, so mainly steam shunters, coal trucks, branch lines, but also a hint of early diesels.

Spent the last 3 weeks, every day sorting it.  Now can anyone sell me a new back, cos mine is fucked. :)

FME is for life, not just for Christmas.

Geddy

Always wanted my own train setup.  Amazing what some folks do and in theory you will never finish it...

niallquinn

Quote from: Geddy on Mar 11, 2023, 07:19 PMAlways wanted my own train setup.  Amazing what some folks do and in theory you will never finish it...

Yep, it'll never be finished.  But it's quite good to think "right, I'm sorting the coal drops and staithes tonight" - so I start after work at 4, and before you know it, shit it's 12, and I've got to be up in 6 hours etc.!

Wish I had more skills though to create paper mache and paint it decent.  Mine looks like it's been done by a 3 year old with Crayola crayons.........

:)
FME is for life, not just for Christmas.

DAD

I spent 5 years working in a model shop from the ages of 16 to 21.  There's buggar all I don't know about model railways lol

Mind you things might have changed a bit since then.
Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)