DADsFME

Fruit Machine Emulation => PFME - Pluto 6 Emulator => Topic started by: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:37 PM

Title: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:37 PM
I will update the original release thread with the latest version and list build/version changes here
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:37 PM
PFME 0.2.8 - sound fixes, and a faster engine
Second build. Mostly this one is about sound, which two separate faults were spoiling.

Sound

Also in this build

Updating
If you are already running 0.2.7 you should not need to download anything. This is the first release the built-in updater has had anything to offer, so a copy with update checking turned on will find it by itself within a day and install it for you. If you would rather it did not, the setting is in Settings.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: MultiRetroMan on Aug 21, 2026, 05:48 PM
Hiya, many thanks for the updates. One thing I noticed though, is when I updated it, it deleted the existing games. I changed the default folder for the games. Would that be why it deleted them?
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 08:55 PM
Quote from: MultiRetroMan on Aug 21, 2026, 05:48 PMHiya, many thanks for the updates. One thing I noticed though, is when I updated it, it deleted the existing games. I changed the default folder for the games. Would that be why it deleted them?

It was a bug and will be fixed in the next version
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: vectra666 on Aug 23, 2026, 10:19 AM
Partytime player plays a tad faster now although the sounds still slow as for double decker still the same on my crap top but that's a slow laptop anyways
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: cliffc on Aug 25, 2026, 09:46 AM
Since turning on the new option i am now able to play both the games fine i am looking forward to more releases on this emu
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Aug 27, 2026, 06:39 PM
To @BarXQueen
When designing classic layouts when i click on 5p or 50p (Coin slot 6 & 7) button whether selecting with select tool, or clicking on these two coins, or attempting to delete them in the left had side tool box, or even just trying to move them, the PFME comes to a stop and terminates the programme this seems to be a bug cos I cannot move these around in the layout to make space to move reels etc, can this be looked into please?
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Aug 27, 2026, 10:16 PM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Aug 27, 2026, 06:39 PMTo @BarXQueen
When designing classic layouts when i click on 5p or 50p (Coin slot 6 & 7) button whether selecting with select tool, or clicking on these two coins, or attempting to delete them in the left had side tool box, or even just trying to move them, the PFME comes to a stop and terminates the programme this seems to be a bug cos I cannot move these around in the layout to make space to move reels etc, can this be looked into please?

Which ROM are you seeing this on?
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Aug 28, 2026, 11:34 AM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Aug 27, 2026, 10:16 PM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Aug 27, 2026, 06:39 PMTo @BarXQueen
When designing classic layouts when i click on 5p or 50p (Coin slot 6 & 7) button whether selecting with select tool, or clicking on these two coins, or attempting to delete them in the left had side tool box, or even just trying to move them, the PFME comes to a stop and terminates the programme this seems to be a bug cos I cannot move these around in the layout to make space to move reels etc, can this be looked into please?

Which ROM are you seeing this on?

On a couple of Party Time versions, most notably on Party Time Platinum v0.07. Also all Pluto 6 multiplayers, the slaves and top box do not go into full attract mode, often slaves are lamps all off or all on fixed. Is this something you are aware of? Many thanks. Loving the work so far!
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Aug 28, 2026, 03:57 PM
PFME v0.3.0

In this build


Known problems


Download
https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip

Check for updates will install it automatically.

The installer is not code-signed, so Windows will show "Windows protected your PC" on the way in. Choose More info, then Run anyway.

As before, if something misbehaves, say what ROM it was and what it did.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Aug 28, 2026, 05:08 PM
Wow thanks for this big update will be trying it out now :-P
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Aug 28, 2026, 06:06 PM
Dear @BarXQueen
I have tested a few layouts. 1st of all the 7 Seg digital displays now work on single players, such as PT & BB Single player where the top display is in addition to Alpha displays on the base game (fantastic!).
However on all multiplayers, such as PT Platinum, Treasury - except Double Decker - the 7 seg top box display does not work still. I checked the edit settings and it says machine not giving any input for display? Think a bug still present.
The top masters all lamping works in attract now spot on, however the slaves to not interact with the attract in line with the top box, just stays dormant. I have noticed this is the same on single players Bullion Bars also, zero attract for some unknown reason.
Mutliplayer and single player layouts that feature the streak symbol made in previous version when loaded in this new update the Streak reel symbols disappeared - but I soon added these back in - other wise previous layouts work fine except the listed above.
Wow Cabbed Party Times, and Bullion Bars do not detect correct reel matrixes. These were the last pluto 6 tech game Astra released so may be a bit premature expecting these to work in the infancy of the Pfme - hope this feedback helps you. Looking forward to the good work coming. :-)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: fruitsnappa on Aug 28, 2026, 06:32 PM
Many thanks for this update.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: Amusements on Aug 28, 2026, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the update:)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Aug 30, 2026, 12:59 PM
PFME v0.3.1
In this build
Known and untested
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Aug 30, 2026, 01:17 PM
@BarXQueen Hey, hope you are well.

I was just having a tinker.  I have Solid Gold Deluxe layout in the works.

Could you give me some pointers regarding DIP settings.  I can't get them to stock when I change them?

Also I noticed in the button section, there is no STAKE button, on credit you could change stake from 10p to £1, though on this version it's likely only 25p, 50p £1.  I can't seem to find the button and all those 25p 50p £1 lamps are always on even though it's set at £1.  It would usually only display the current stake lamp.

Excellent work, I can't believe it's possible to run these, massive thanks.  I might have an image of my actual Solid Gold I had a few years back, so it's likely I can produce a graphic layout on this machine once I get my head around all the tools :)

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: DAD on Aug 30, 2026, 01:21 PM
Quote from: re-emulated on Aug 30, 2026, 01:17 PM@BarXQueen Hey, hope you are well.

I was just having a tinker.  I have Solid Gold Deluxe layout in the works.

Could you give me some pointers regarding DIP settings.  I can't get them to stock when I change them?

Also I noticed in the button section, there is no STAKE button, on credit you could change stake from 10p to £1, though on this version it's likely only 25p, 50p £1.  I can't seem to find the button and all those 25p 50p £1 lamps are always on even though it's set at £1.  It would usually only display the current stake lamp.

Excellent work, I can't believe it's possible to run these, massive thanks.  I might have an image of my actual Solid Gold I had a few years back, so it's likely I can produce a graphic layout on this machine once I get my head around all the tools :)

J
If you make a dip change you'll need to scroll down to the bottom of that section and perform a power cycle for the changes to apply.

Hope this helps :)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Aug 30, 2026, 01:48 PM
@BarXQueen  Nice, thanks, that works and retains the dip settings :).   I still locate the button for stake change, the lamp is flashing though, but I can't see the button in the button section, if I add a button it's not in there either.  Wonder if there is a specific option on the dips.

You could press the stake change button to scan through the stake options, so if I insert a £1 I would be able to select a preferred stake with the stake button from maybe 10p to £1.

Stake key also not present on the normal non deluxe settings.  I've tried the version I had v06, definitely could change stake on these?

J

Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: fruitsnappa on Aug 30, 2026, 01:48 PM
Many thanks for this update.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Aug 30, 2026, 01:57 PM
I have a pdf of the user manual for Solid Gold, but it seems to be for the lower stake release, it doesn't mention the stake button on this pdf, it certainly had one though.

Thanks for any input.

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 01, 2026, 06:56 PM
PFME v0.3.2
In this build

Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 03, 2026, 11:31 AM
@BarXQueen WOW the latest release those reels are super sleek smooth!! And thanks for fixing the 7 seg display on the 0.3.1.
Is there any chance you could look into the attract lamping on single players and multiplayers. It's only the slaves and singles that seems to stay dimly lit, fully lit, or not lit at all. Instead of the usual machines flashing attract mode if that makes sense. I have tried both classic and DX and looked in lamp matrixes the lamps are the same - its only the top boxes individually that flash in attract mode correctly.
Keep up the fantastic work!!!
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 03, 2026, 01:30 PM
@BarXQueen There is still an issue with the STAKE button, the button is fine, but the machine is not acting like it did in the wild.  On earlier software of all those games, Solid Gold Community, Bee Rich, Silver Bells etc.  In the dip settings there is a setting for Normal zero credit alarm, this can also be set to subdue.  Most arcades had this set to normal, like we have on Dad's Solid Gold Community DX.  The issue is we can now change state but no matter what stake you select and play, after the machine has no credit and goes back to attract mode, the stake always should automatically revert back to £1 play like it did on the original.  So say I was playing 25p play, if I left the machine in attract after using my credits, after about 20-30 seconds you see the machine change the stake to £1 play live.

On mine real machine running 1.06 it did this, unless I set dip to subdue zero credit alarm.

Wonder next time you take a look at the emulator you could look into this issue.

The emulator is running so well on mine, reels, everything is so smooth, thank you so much :)   Keep up this insane work :)

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 03, 2026, 01:46 PM
The setting is Bank 1 Switch 2.  I believe in this normal mode it should make the machine default back to £1 stake, not matter what you were playing previously.  It did this on most units initially until they found that you could manipulate this mechanic. You could essentially take the £1 value without playing it on £1 per spin.  The machine had to have some value in £1 already, it wasn't an emptier, however people where playing these on £1 ago when they were first released so you could make huge profit.  Be great to get this to do the auto state change to have a play. 

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 06, 2026, 05:22 PM
PFME v0.3.3
In this build
Putting a missing lamp on a machine
Every machine drives far more lamps than anyone has drawn yet, so this is worth knowing. It is the same job on any machine, not just the Double Decker.
The short version. Leave the machine running, press F2 for the layout editor, drop a lamp from the toolbox onto the panel you want lit, and click its Lamp box. Turn on Learn, then make the machine light that lamp. Anything that changes while Learn is watching is listed underneath, most recent first, so the one you just provoked is usually at the top. Click it, and you are done.
Making the machine light one particular lamp is the awkward part, and the machine has a tool for it. Open the cash door with F7, press the test switch with F5, and step through the tests with Transfer until you reach the lamp test, then press Start to go in. On most of these machines that test flashes everything at once until you press Cancel, after which Transfer and Auto step through the lamps one at a time. One lamp lit, one name in the Learn list.
If you would rather work from the glass than from the machine, View > Lamp Matrix shows every cell the board scans, lit exactly as the board lights it. On a cabinet with more than one board pick the one you want at the top: the top box is board 0 and the stations are 1, 2 and 3. Outlined cells are the ones the program gives a name to, and the rest are shown so a lamp nobody has named yet can still be found by watching it flash. Right-click a cell to copy its reference, then paste that onto a lamp in the editor.
A lamp with no artwork glows in its own colour, which is enough to get the positions right. Fitting a photograph of the panel lit is a separate job you can do afterwards.
Known and untested
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 06, 2026, 11:05 PM
@BarXQueen WOW what an amazing improvement on lamping! And great bug fixes.

I can solve the 'Tower lamping' for you, in return I may need you to do a little exploring, when multiplayers for example Double Decker, Treasury and both Platinum machines were made by Astra the game card was made# to default to Sit Down 'Panther' cabs, the upright cabs were set to upright cabinets via a wired plug on the loom to tell the machine it was not a sit-down cabinet but an upright model, which in turn alters lamping layouts, for example TOWER 123 was the player indicator lights that were used on uprights to show which player was on the feature, in Double Decker, the PARTY TIME / DOUBLE DECKER LOGO and ALL ABOARD was lamped for sit down panthers - NOT for uprights, which these would not then light up when plugged for an upright kinda cab. As with emulators sit down cabinets are trickier to emullate with artwork, uprights are easier to design for DX-ing, is there a way you can look to see if you can find from within the pluto software where you could do a 'switch' for us creators to change from sit - down to upright via a virual plug so to speak? As you will see a lot of creators probably suggesting that lights aren't going with their upright artworks because ASTRA defaulted all or most game cards to sit down cabinets with their alternative button layouts (which I think has previously been mentioned) and affects lamping numbering and attracting. I hope this is of use to you :-)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 07, 2026, 04:05 PM
Hey @BarXQueen Is it all possible to somehow bundle any roms into the layout.  I've started working on a SX for Solid Gold and it includes two fonts that are not native to Windows11.  Be great if there was a way to save the layout with embedded fonts?

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 07, 2026, 05:23 PM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 06, 2026, 11:05 PM@BarXQueen WOW what an amazing improvement on lamping! And great bug fixes.

I can solve the 'Tower lamping' for you, in return I may need you to do a little exploring, when multiplayers for example Double Decker, Treasury and both Platinum machines were made by Astra the game card was made# to default to Sit Down 'Panther' cabs, the upright cabs were set to upright cabinets via a wired plug on the loom to tell the machine it was not a sit-down cabinet but an upright model, which in turn alters lamping layouts, for example TOWER 123 was the player indicator lights that were used on uprights to show which player was on the feature, in Double Decker, the PARTY TIME / DOUBLE DECKER LOGO and ALL ABOARD was lamped for sit down panthers - NOT for uprights, which these would not then light up when plugged for an upright kinda cab. As with emulators sit down cabinets are trickier to emullate with artwork, uprights are easier to design for DX-ing, is there a way you can look to see if you can find from within the pluto software where you could do a 'switch' for us creators to change from sit - down to upright via a virual plug so to speak? As you will see a lot of creators probably suggesting that lights aren't going with their upright artworks because ASTRA defaulted all or most game cards to sit down cabinets with their alternative button layouts (which I think has previously been mentioned) and affects lamping numbering and attracting. I hope this is of use to you :-)

You're right about all of it, and it's fixed in the next version (I will release in the next day or so).

Nine machines here carry both sets of lamps: both Double Deckers, Treasury, the three Platinums, Hall of Fame and the two Base Games. The board reads that wire once when it starts and picks its whole lamp and button list off it. All nine default to the sit-down, which is why that was the only one anybody could get.

It's in Cabinet > Game Configuration, on the picker called Cabinet type strap. Leave it alone for a sit-down, set it to Soldered high for an upright, then Apply and power cycle, since the board only reads that wire at boot. You set it per station rather than once for the bank, and it saves into the layout, so one you send on opens as the cabinet you built it as.

Set an upright and TOWER 1, 2 and 3 turn up in the lamp list, the DOUBLE DECKER, PARTY TIME and ALL ABOARD legends drop out because an upright hasn't got them, the award row goes from ASTRA to BAR, and AUTOPLAY and TRANSFER stop lighting each other's buttons. That last one I could measure. The button the machine drives 14 times over a run was called TRANSFER on an upright and AUTOPLAY on a sit-down. It's AUTOPLAY on both now.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 07, 2026, 06:44 PM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Sep 07, 2026, 05:23 PM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 06, 2026, 11:05 PM@BarXQueen WOW what an amazing improvement on lamping! And great bug fixes.

I can solve the 'Tower lamping' for you, in return I may need you to do a little exploring, when multiplayers for example Double Decker, Treasury and both Platinum machines were made by Astra the game card was made# to default to Sit Down 'Panther' cabs, the upright cabs were set to upright cabinets via a wired plug on the loom to tell the machine it was not a sit-down cabinet but an upright model, which in turn alters lamping layouts, for example TOWER 123 was the player indicator lights that were used on uprights to show which player was on the feature, in Double Decker, the PARTY TIME / DOUBLE DECKER LOGO and ALL ABOARD was lamped for sit down panthers - NOT for uprights, which these would not then light up when plugged for an upright kinda cab. As with emulators sit down cabinets are trickier to emullate with artwork, uprights are easier to design for DX-ing, is there a way you can look to see if you can find from within the pluto software where you could do a 'switch' for us creators to change from sit - down to upright via a virual plug so to speak? As you will see a lot of creators probably suggesting that lights aren't going with their upright artworks because ASTRA defaulted all or most game cards to sit down cabinets with their alternative button layouts (which I think has previously been mentioned) and affects lamping numbering and attracting. I hope this is of use to you :-)

You're right about all of it, and it's fixed in the next version (I will release in the next day or so).

Nine machines here carry both sets of lamps: both Double Deckers, Treasury, the three Platinums, Hall of Fame and the two Base Games. The board reads that wire once when it starts and picks its whole lamp and button list off it. All nine default to the sit-down, which is why that was the only one anybody could get.

It's in Cabinet > Game Configuration, on the picker called Cabinet type strap. Leave it alone for a sit-down, set it to Soldered high for an upright, then Apply and power cycle, since the board only reads that wire at boot. You set it per station rather than once for the bank, and it saves into the layout, so one you send on opens as the cabinet you built it as.

Set an upright and TOWER 1, 2 and 3 turn up in the lamp list, the DOUBLE DECKER, PARTY TIME and ALL ABOARD legends drop out because an upright hasn't got them, the award row goes from ASTRA to BAR, and AUTOPLAY and TRANSFER stop lighting each other's buttons. That last one I could measure. The button the machine drives 14 times over a run was called TRANSFER on an upright and AUTOPLAY on a sit-down. It's AUTOPLAY on both now.
WOW I am now I am getting my creative cogs in gear knowing this! This was one bug bear I had with io3 spec on MFME as the Bullions were defaulted to stand up so I could never do the Arena's quite justice! Many Thanks for the reply mate - glad to help where I can :-) And eagerly looking forward to your next update!
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 08, 2026, 10:36 AM
PFME v0.3.4
Fixed
New
Known
Reported or asked for by lotechking89, re-emulated and Dave on the forum.
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 10:47 AM
Many thanks for the update, excellent work :)

j
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 11:45 AM
Nice, I can add bloom to the outer plastic rgb and it doesn't affect the png border :)

@BarXQueen I'm not sure if this is possible, but for the rgb around the plastic, I'm using overlapping tube section, so they sit on top of each other.  I wonder if it is at all possible to be able to have all the rgb colours in just one object?  So just one rgb strip that contains all the colour streams?  If that makes sense, I don't know if it's possible or even if I might be not getting how these objects should behave in the emulator.

Thanks for the ongoing updates, amazing stuff, thank you so much for all your hard work on this project.

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 08, 2026, 04:06 PM
Quote from: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 11:45 AMNice, I can add bloom to the outer plastic rgb and it doesn't affect the png border :)

@BarXQueen I'm not sure if this is possible, but for the rgb around the plastic, I'm using overlapping tube section, so they sit on top of each other.  I wonder if it is at all possible to be able to have all the rgb colours in just one object?  So just one rgb strip that contains all the colour streams?  If that makes sense, I don't know if it's possible or even if I might be not getting how these objects should behave in the emulator.

Thanks for the ongoing updates, amazing stuff, thank you so much for all your hard work on this project.

J

Yes, that is possible, and you have had it since 0.3.0 without knowing it. I described it in the release notes as "several lamp lines behind one coloured lens".

Select the lamp and look down the properties panel for the row called "Blend lines (slug=#colour, ...)". The lamp's own binding at the top is the first colour line, and its On colour is what that line contributes. In the blend row you type the other lines as one comma list, so for a three-colour strip you would leave the red line in the Lamp box and type something like this into the blend row:

brda-grn=#00ff00, brda-blu=#0000ff

That gives you one object. The lens then lights in the mix of whichever lines the machine has on at that moment, so red and green together read amber and all three read white, the same as the real strip does. Leave the colour off an entry and it takes the lamp default. Clear the row and the lamp goes back to being an ordinary single one. The slugs come off the lamp matrix window, and Learn will give you them if you would rather press a button and see what lights.

Now the part you would have run into, because it is exactly what you are working on. Until now the bloom did not follow the mix. It was built once in the lamp's colour and after that only got brighter and dimmer, so a lens showing amber would have carried a red glow. Your overlapping strips do not have that problem, because each one owns its own bloom. So if you had swapped to a single object today you would have kept the right colour on the plastic and lost it on the glow, which is not a trade worth making.

That is fixed and it will be in the next release. The halo now takes the same mixed colour as the lens, so one strip blooms the colour it is showing. One thing I left deliberately: if you set a Glow colour on the lamp yourself, that is respected and stays put, on the grounds that if you have set the halo to match the surround you probably did not want it chasing the lines behind the glass.

So I would stay on your overlapping sections for now and switch to the single object when the update lands. It is a two minute job on each strip and you will end up with a third of the elements.

One thing back at you if you do not mind. Which machine is this? Some of these boards fade their colour lines rather than switching them, and I have the fade working but currently turned off, because there was nothing in anybody's layout to see it on. Yours would be the first, and if it is one of the fading boards I would like to turn it back on for the same release rather than have you place the whole strip and find it stepping between colours.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 06:35 PM
It's Solid Gold v1.06 romset :)

Oh, and that's great, thank you once again.  I'm only just building it so it will be when I get time, I'm still ironing out some artwork issues on the base layout anyway :)

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 06:49 PM
@BarXQueen Out of interest is there any reason why these don't offer a 'community game' feature.  Even on a single unit these would offer this now and again, I'm nearly £450 in without one at all.  I know mine had 2 pluto6 boards, so I don't know if that had specific software on it for community stuff.  I never checked the CF card when I had it sadly.  Or is it just a quirk of early emulation issues?

Also, those Deluxe versions that would change feature board values every now and again, I can't seem to trigger that instance and it was fairly often in the wild.

Keep up this great work, this is fast becoming my favourite emulator :)

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: bullionbars2016 on Sep 08, 2026, 08:35 PM
Quote from: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 06:49 PM@BarXQueen Out of interest is there any reason why these don't offer a 'community game' feature.  Even on a single unit these would offer this now and again, I'm nearly £450 in without one at all.  I know mine had 2 pluto6 boards, so I don't know if that had specific software on it for community stuff.  I never checked the CF card when I had it sadly.  Or is it just a quirk of early emulation issues?

Also, those Deluxe versions that would change feature board values every now and again, I can't seem to trigger that instance and it was fairly often in the wild.

Keep up this great work, this is fast becoming my favourite emulator :)

J
theres 2 different versions standalone or community 2 different roms profiles same as pure gold standalone and pure gold community which have link
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 09:26 PM
Yes, but this is running exact software v1.06 community as mine and it offered community games on my single non linked unit.  Unless I'm mistaken.  But installed this exact software on my single unit.  I purchased a single unit, from a 3 unit set.

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 09:56 PM
Just to add, mine did have two pluto6 boards, one in the bottom panel, I imagine it was connected to the other board in some way and maybe that was something to do with it, maybe a master and slave in my single unit?

Funnily enough, they had two connected units in my local teddies back in the day, when one was switched off the other just gave some kind of communication error, I believe I just got lucky and my single unit had the link up board installed.

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 10:05 PM
@BarXQueen Not sure if I can already do this, but whenever I'm changing anything and another window comes up, so say I'm loading reel symbols.  I upload an image, then the window gets lost behind the emulator window everytime, can these windows stay on top at all?  Same with if I'm changing dip or keys etc.  It's only a minor annoyance but it would be great if there was a setting to make those windows stay on top when I'm using them.

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 10:11 PM
Also.  In the reel editor.  Could you implement a way to drag a copy form other positions, so I could drag a X symbol to another position etc?

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: DAD on Sep 08, 2026, 10:36 PM
Quote from: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 10:05 PM@BarXQueen Not sure if I can already do this, but whenever I'm changing anything and another window comes up, so say I'm loading reel symbols.  I upload an image, then the window gets lost behind the emulator window everytime, can these windows stay on top at all?  Same with if I'm changing dip or keys etc.  It's only a minor annoyance but it would be great if there was a setting to make those windows stay on top when I'm using them.

J
I just drag the main window to one side while doing stuff like that so I can see both. I get what you mean though.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: DAD on Sep 08, 2026, 10:40 PM
Quote from: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 10:11 PMAlso.  In the reel editor.  Could you implement a way to drag a copy form other positions, so I could drag a X symbol to another position etc?

J
Yeah that's like MFME but again it's not a great hardship loading one at a time.  It would be a different if it was something other than a lo-tech as that would be a bit of a pain.

Gotta say I'm loving the interest in PFME,  It's proving even more popular than I thought.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 08, 2026, 11:27 PM
It's an amazing emulator.  I wasn't expecting it.  So it's a nice little surprise on top of the Electrocoin emulator. :)

We are spoilt right now.

I'm not really interested in those barcrest video slots, I find them boring, it was interesting to see but just not my cup of tea.

J

Yeah, my comments above for those improvements are not a necessity but be great if those could be implemented, certainly not essential, more for a faster workflow.

J
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 09, 2026, 05:47 PM
@BarXQueen   Hey bud, here are those community roms for Pure Gold.  Just check them, but I've had these running and the community lamp to light :)

Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: radar on Sep 10, 2026, 07:03 PM
Hi BarXQueen,
Thanks for all your hard work enjoying the emulator. I am still getting CCT coin fail 8.1 error and have to do CTRL & R to reset. Also the sound is still not playing at the correct speed ( slow )on my laptop especially for nudges and feature sound. I do have the experimental recompiler engine enabled with todays 0.3.4 update. Enabling this has sped things up a bit but sound still slow
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 11, 2026, 10:41 AM
PFME v0.3.5
Fixed
Known
Reported or asked for by re-emulated and others on the forum.
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 12, 2026, 06:26 PM
@BarXQueen
Hey I managed to get Astra Winwall show me the money 3 player working perfectly, but the top box uses three screens two use one source for the wins (which I can get by default when inserting a screen from toolbox), however the middle screen uses a separate source to pick up the feature board, I saw on Dads release he got two screens working together on single player Winwall (Celebrity), could you tell me how I can change the source of a screen to pick up the second output please? Many thanks for your superb work!!
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 12, 2026, 07:42 PM
@BarXQueen ,
One more unusual issue I have found with Party Time Platinum, the slaves attract perfectly in Arena Panther Cab mode, but when you select High Wire, for Casino, the lamps do not attract on slave machines again..?? They stay all lit up.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: DAD on Sep 12, 2026, 08:04 PM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 12, 2026, 06:26 PM@BarXQueen
Hey I managed to get Astra Winwall show me the money 3 player working perfectly, but the top box uses three screens two use one source for the wins (which I can get by default when inserting a screen from toolbox), however the middle screen uses a separate source to pick up the feature board, I saw on Dads release he got two screens working together on single player Winwall (Celebrity), could you tell me how I can change the source of a screen to pick up the second output please? Many thanks for your superb work!!
Although I released Celebrity Winwall it's not my work, that's down to BXQ.  As far as choosing different screens I don't think a 'user setting' has been added to PFME just yet.  I'm almost sure that can be added in a later Emu release.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 14, 2026, 08:15 PM
Hey! I have been doing my first layout in DX @BarXQueen - when I have made layouts on MFME lamping had a toolkit for merging clusters of lamps, and on single ones can edit out by drawing a colour around and turning it invisible, will there be a future build update that allows more detailed lamping effects? I have changed from panel to bulb which is circular but when I use this to crop from photo lit and unlit the whole square is lamped rather than the spherical bulb if that makes sense? I can't edit them for round circles only squared items it appears. Or is it already within the emulator to crop lamps into more specific areas but I haven't yet fathomed it out LOL?

Also when lamping reels the lamps make the artwork appear faded rather than lit from behind, would the emulator be able to be adapted for making reels default to dark when a lamp is embedded so the artwork when 'lit' appears like the original artwork provided?
Thank you so much :-)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 15, 2026, 11:23 AM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 12, 2026, 06:26 PM@BarXQueen
Hey I managed to get Astra Winwall show me the money 3 player working perfectly, but the top box uses three screens two use one source for the wins (which I can get by default when inserting a screen from toolbox), however the middle screen uses a separate source to pick up the feature board, I saw on Dads release he got two screens working together on single player Winwall (Celebrity), could you tell me how I can change the source of a screen to pick up the second output please? Many thanks for your superb work!!

The top box on that machine has two video outputs on the one Pluto 6 board: output 0 carries the wins picture, and output 1 carries the feature board. In PFME each screen element has a setting for which of the board's outputs it shows, but I have not yet put that setting on the property panel, so a screen dropped in from the toolbox always shows output 0.

You can make the change yourself in the config file: a .pfme file is a zip. Rename a copy to .zip, open layout.json inside it, find the middle screen's videoDisplay element and add "card": 1 alongside its "fit" line, then zip it back up and rename it to .pfme.

E.G.

Before:

    {
      "type": "videoDisplay",
      "fit": "uniform",
      "bezelThickness": 2,
      "cornerRadius": 4,
      "id": "f894cac7",
      "name": "Screen",
      "x": 2050.0,
      "y": 66.0,
      "width": 720.0,
      "height": 540.0
    }

After, with one line added:

    {
      "type": "videoDisplay",
      "card": 1,
      "fit": "uniform",
      "bezelThickness": 2,
      "cornerRadius": 4,
      "id": "f894cac7",
      "name": "Screen",
      "x": 2050.0,
      "y": 66.0,
      "width": 720.0,
      "height": 540.0
    }

I'll add an Output selector to the screen properties in the next build.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 15, 2026, 11:26 AM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 12, 2026, 07:42 PM@BarXQueen ,
One more unusual issue I have found with Party Time Platinum, the slaves attract perfectly in Arena Panther Cab mode, but when you select High Wire, for Casino, the lamps do not attract on slave machines again..?? They stay all lit up.

My first thought is that if it is sent to Bingo rather than Arcade, this sometimes makes the lamps "quieter" as sometimes machines are in the main bingo hall and can be a distraction.

On saying that, I ran the Platinum station on its own in PFME for 200 seconds with no coin in, once strapped Panther and once strapped Casino, and counted every bulb on the lamp matrix over the last 100 seconds. It attracts in both. In Panther it chases 96 bulbs. In Casino it chases 37: the reel window lamps, the three nudge lamps and NUDGE NOW, the stake lamps, and the three prize ladders with their value lamps. Those 37 chase at exactly the same rate in both cabinets.

The other 59 bulbs are the top glass legends: the PARTY TIME and PLATINUM letters, ARENA, the balloons, the stars and ribbons, and the number 1. In Casino mode the program never drives them at all. They are not held on and they are not chased, they are simply dead for the whole run. That fits what you found earlier about the two cabinets being lamped differently: the upright Casino glass does not have those bulbs, so the program has no reason to light them.

So on a layout drawn for the sit-down glass, switching to Casino leaves every legend lamp showing whatever the layout uses for off. If the backdrop is a photo taken with the glass lit, off looks lit, and the whole top glass appears stuck on while the small lamps carry on chasing. If yours looks like that, that is what is happening. If the reel and nudge lamps are also frozen, that is a different problem and I would like to see it: the layout name and a screenshot would do.

I also checked that flipping a station that has already been set up as Panther over to Casino does not upset the machine. It boots straight through CHECKING CSUM, CASINO CAB and INIT REELS into the attract roll with no alarm and no request for a RAM clear.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 15, 2026, 11:31 AM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 14, 2026, 08:15 PMHey! I have been doing my first layout in DX @BarXQueen - when I have made layouts on MFME lamping had a toolkit for merging clusters of lamps, and on single ones can edit out by drawing a colour around and turning it invisible, will there be a future build update that allows more detailed lamping effects? I have changed from panel to bulb which is circular but when I use this to crop from photo lit and unlit the whole square is lamped rather than the spherical bulb if that makes sense? I can't edit them for round circles only squared items it appears. Or is it already within the emulator to crop lamps into more specific areas but I haven't yet fathomed it out LOL?

Also when lamping reels the lamps make the artwork appear faded rather than lit from behind, would the emulator be able to be adapted for making reels default to dark when a lamp is embedded so the artwork when 'lit' appears like the original artwork provided?
Thank you so much :-)

Round lamps first. At the moment a lamp is either a panel or a bulb, and the bulb does draw as a circle, but the moment you crop a lit and unlit picture into it the crop fills the whole box. There is no way yet to mask that crop to a circle, so what you are seeing is the editor working as built, not something you have missed.

There is a route that gets close to the MFME trick. Cut the bulb out in a paint program, fill everything round it with one flat colour, save the lit and unlit pair, then use Insert > Add Lamp from Sprites. That import treats the flat surround as see-through, so the lamp keeps the round edge. It only works on the sprite route, not on crops taken straight off the cabinet photo.

Merging clusters is not in yet. Group in the editor is only a selection aid while you are arranging things, and it is not saved. The one case that is covered is several lamp lines behind one lens mixing colour, which is what the blend setting on a lamp is for. A real cluster element, one box driven by several lamp numbers, I will look to get in the next version.

On the reels you are right, and I agree with your fix. Today a lit row lays a pale wash over the strip, which is why the artwork looks faded rather than lit. The proper behaviour is the one a real machine has: the strip sits dark until the lamp behind it comes on, and lit means the artwork at its true colours. I will change it to work that way in the next release.

Keep the questions coming, they are what shape the editor.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 15, 2026, 06:43 PM
@BarXQueen thank you so much for your replies, I have read those and helps an awful lot! Look forward to monitor screen options and cluster lamping elements in a future build!! I will give your list to install a second monitor a try later this week ( I am a bit clueless with developing things lol) My Party Time Platinum was on bingo version have edited it into upright arcade and has now fixed my attract issue (huge thanks) always wondered what Bingo mode meant - now I know! Thank you for looking into redesigning the reel lamps in the next build this will improve lit bands perfectly :-)

Quick feedback, Divas Reels 3 Player upright top box, the top reels are showing no lamps for this, as well as the Jackpot balloons each side which flash until it awards one after JP lands on reels, I owned a real top section and these were fed off a different part of MUX on the Pluto 6 board. Would you be able to find these?

On a separate note, some Astras used a 12v chaser lamp board which would do a chain of 4 bulbs that went around boarders example of a Party Time top box or the decals on a Double Decker, which is not off a Pluto 6 board itself, but could you do a little tool box for chasers, its literally a series of 4 bulbs on repeat, 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 etc one at a time. Sadly MFME never developed this so would be a nice little additional touch for bringing the artwork to life etc :-)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 15, 2026, 06:47 PM
By the way @BarXQueen, its the Dil switch bank 1 switch 2 coin subdued alarm that's affecting the attract! If it is turned on lamps freeze on :-) It may need renaming in the emulator. Needs to be pre set to 'normal zero coin alarm' for attract to work :-P

Could the win line on reels be a central line though the middle rather than boxes on centre reel? with an option to choose thickness of win line if any :-)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 16, 2026, 10:50 AM
Divas Reels top box: PFME is already driving those lamps, so this one is a matter of finding the right names in the lamp picker rather than a fix. You are right that they come off a different part of the board. They are not on the lamp matrix at all; the game program hands them to a second driver that sits on the general-purpose output lines, and PFME has emulated that driver since 0.3.3. I ran the shipped three-player layout for 40 games with a trail on the top box and every one of them lit.

The balloons are L400 to L405 on the top box board. They sit lit once the machine has commissioned and flash in the program's own patterns through a top-box spin. Two clusters of three: L400, L402 and L401 are one side (mystery, jackpot, GBP 25 in that order in the program's table) and L403, L405 and L404 are the other. Which cluster is left and which is right I cannot tell from the emulator, because the program always lights both together; you will know from the box. The shipped three-player layout already has all six placed, so if you started from that you should be seeing them flash on a jackpot.

The top reel lamps are L408 to L416, nine lines in three groups of three: L408 to L410, L411 to L413, and L414 to L416 (the last one in that group is not named in the program's own table, so it may show as unnamed). They are steady on from commissioning and chase group by group at about 100 ms a step for as long as the top drums are turning. What I cannot tell from here is whether a group of three is one drum's three bulbs or one row across the three drums; if you can remember which way yours ran, that settles it. In the editor, open the top box's lamp picker and watch the dots during a top-box spin and you will see the three groups stepping.

Chasers: done for the next build. A lamp can now sit on a chaser board instead of being wired to the machine. Place your bulbs round the border in the order you want the chase to run, select them, and use Arrange > Make Chaser. Each bulb is dealt its count in the order it was placed, 1, 2, 3, 4 and round again, so a border of twelve is three boards' worth running in step. A selected chaser bulb shows the count it lights on, how many counts make a cycle (four by default) and the milliseconds per count (150 by default, which is about what a real four-way board does). Everything with the same cycle and speed runs on one clock, so the whole border keeps step, and it runs whenever the cabinet is powered. The bulbs are ordinary lamps otherwise: photographed or plain, round or square, halo or not. Stop Chasing takes them off again.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 17, 2026, 12:08 PM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Sep 16, 2026, 10:50 AMDivas Reels top box: PFME is already driving those lamps, so this one is a matter of finding the right names in the lamp picker rather than a fix. You are right that they come off a different part of the board. They are not on the lamp matrix at all; the game program hands them to a second driver that sits on the general-purpose output lines, and PFME has emulated that driver since 0.3.3. I ran the shipped three-player layout for 40 games with a trail on the top box and every one of them lit.

The balloons are L400 to L405 on the top box board. They sit lit once the machine has commissioned and flash in the program's own patterns through a top-box spin. Two clusters of three: L400, L402 and L401 are one side (mystery, jackpot, GBP 25 in that order in the program's table) and L403, L405 and L404 are the other. Which cluster is left and which is right I cannot tell from the emulator, because the program always lights both together; you will know from the box. The shipped three-player layout already has all six placed, so if you started from that you should be seeing them flash on a jackpot.

The top reel lamps are L408 to L416, nine lines in three groups of three: L408 to L410, L411 to L413, and L414 to L416 (the last one in that group is not named in the program's own table, so it may show as unnamed). They are steady on from commissioning and chase group by group at about 100 ms a step for as long as the top drums are turning. What I cannot tell from here is whether a group of three is one drum's three bulbs or one row across the three drums; if you can remember which way yours ran, that settles it. In the editor, open the top box's lamp picker and watch the dots during a top-box spin and you will see the three groups stepping.

Chasers: done for the next build. A lamp can now sit on a chaser board instead of being wired to the machine. Place your bulbs round the border in the order you want the chase to run, select them, and use Arrange > Make Chaser. Each bulb is dealt its count in the order it was placed, 1, 2, 3, 4 and round again, so a border of twelve is three boards' worth running in step. A selected chaser bulb shows the count it lights on, how many counts make a cycle (four by default) and the milliseconds per count (150 by default, which is about what a real four-way board does). Everything with the same cycle and speed runs on one clock, so the whole border keeps step, and it runs whenever the cabinet is powered. The bulbs are ordinary lamps otherwise: photographed or plain, round or square, halo or not. Stop Chasing takes them off again.
Thank you for the update I did a copy a lamp from tool box and labelled them accordingly for the top balloons but they are still non lit? Am I doing something wrong as you say these don't appear on the lamp matrixes. Cheersd again for the update the next build is sounding amazing!
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 17, 2026, 12:11 PM
See attached photo I also did these in with artwork still wasn't lamping annoyingly this is using latest build too cheers in advancee
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 18, 2026, 12:09 PM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 17, 2026, 12:08 PMThank you for the update I did a copy a lamp from tool box and labelled them accordingly for the top balloons but they are still non lit?

Copying a lamp from the toolbox and giving it the name L400 draws a bulb that is wired to nothing; the name on a lamp is just a caption. The bulb has to be bound through the lamp picker, and it has to be placed on the top box board, not on the station board. If you are on a station board when you open the picker, it offers you that station's lamps, and L400 on a station is not a lamp at all, so nothing you pick there will ever reach the balloons. Select the top box board, place the bulb there, and pick L400 from that board's picker. The tooltip on each of the fourteen top box lamps says "output line N", and the dot beside it goes live when the machine lights it, which is the quickest way to prove you have the right one.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 18, 2026, 05:50 PM
@BarXQueen, good afternoon.

First of all massive thanks ref the Winwall screen the other day - this has been sorted out perfectly! A massive huge thanks there.

Secondly, I had already done the steps you have suggested regarding Divas top balloons, and same with the reels, for some reason it doesn't seem to be detecting them. I have ensured not on any subdued or bingo modes too before I added in the lamps. I did this via the top box, insert lamp then went into here and selected the lamp in this case 400 - but also 401 and 402 etc and still completely dead. Can you tell me if the setting I have shown a photo of is the correct way I have done it? If I haven't I am very sorry, I am still learning and you are my teacher at the moment until I get the hang of this new PFME :-)

Best Wishes
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 19, 2026, 12:50 PM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 18, 2026, 05:50 PM@BarXQueen, good afternoon.

First of all massive thanks ref the Winwall screen the other day - this has been sorted out perfectly! A massive huge thanks there.

Secondly, I had already done the steps you have suggested regarding Divas top balloons, and same with the reels, for some reason it doesn't seem to be detecting them. I have ensured not on any subdued or bingo modes too before I added in the lamps. I did this via the top box, insert lamp then went into here and selected the lamp in this case 400 - but also 401 and 402 etc and still completely dead. Can you tell me if the setting I have shown a photo of is the correct way I have done it? If I haven't I am very sorry, I am still learning and you are my teacher at the moment until I get the hang of this new PFME :-)

Best Wishes

Thanks for the photo. Your settings are right: top box board, lamp bound through the picker as L400. I checked this morning on a clean install of 0.3.5 and the balloons on the shipped Divas layout do light, so the problem is on your machine, not in your layout.

My earlier advice was wrong on one point. An old copy of the Divas program file still lists L400 in the picker, so you will not see "not on this machine". What it lacks is the table that says which output line the lamp is on, so the bulb never lights.

Quick check: hover over the l400 row in the picker. If the tooltip says "output line 0" the file is fine. If it gives a row and "column 0", it is the old copy.

Fix: close PFME, open %LOCALAPPDATA%\PFME\programs in File Explorer, move F9B1E841DCF2F738.json to your desktop, and open the layout again. Hover over l400 once more and it should now say output line 0, with the balloon lit. The top reel lamps L408 to L416 are cured by the same move.

If the tooltip already says output line 0 and the bulb is still dark, send me a screenshot of that tooltip and the version from Help > About.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 19, 2026, 06:12 PM
@BarXQueen  Mate it works! It works! moved the json file to desktop and they all light up now!
I shall forever bow to your amazing talents on how you know how to fix things so promptly! :-D

Legend thank you :-)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 23, 2026, 12:33 PM
PFME v0.3.6
Fixed
New
Known
Reported or asked for by re-emulated, lotechking89 and others on the forum.
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 23, 2026, 04:04 PM
PFME v0.3.7
Fixed
Reported on the forum by the author of the Bee Rich DX layout.
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: fruitsnappa on Sep 23, 2026, 04:55 PM
Many thanks for your continued hard work.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 23, 2026, 07:19 PM
Hi @BarXQueen
The Reels look amazing since the update when lit - massive thank you.

I was looking to try use the merge lamps tool, for example sometimes 10 different lamps light a logo up, but the tool says only one lamp with same number can be used to merge?

And could I ask how do you create a reel overlay to place over the reel masks, as I cant get the reel mask to go transparent to place over the reels, like @DAD does with his layouts, would one of you be able to explain how to please? Many thanks again - loving the work!
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 24, 2026, 10:02 AM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 23, 2026, 07:19 PMHi @BarXQueen
The Reels look amazing since the update when lit - massive thank you.

I was looking to try use the merge lamps tool, for example sometimes 10 different lamps light a logo up, but the tool says only one lamp with same number can be used to merge?

And could I ask how do you create a reel overlay to place over the reel masks, as I cant get the reel mask to go transparent to place over the reels, like @DAD does with his layouts, would one of you be able to explain how to please? Many thanks again - loving the work!


Merge Lamps: that message is deliberate. A merged lamp is one lamp of the machine made of several pieces of glass, like an L-shaped legend or a ring of segments that all sit behind the same bulb. Because it is one lamp, it can only light from one lamp number. If ten different lamp numbers light parts of a logo, the ROM is switching those parts on and off separately, so they need to stay as ten separate lamps. Cut each part of the logo that one bulb lights as its own lamp and bind it to its own number, and the logo will light up the way the real machine does it, zone by zone. If two or more pieces do share a number, those are the ones you can merge. Ctrl+G will group the ten so you can move them around together while you are editing, but the group isn't saved with the layout.

Reel overlay: PFME can't cut the reel windows out of a picture for you (the "Key out a colour" option is only on lamps and buttons), so the see-through part has to be made in a paint program first. Take your reel glass artwork into something like GIMP or Paint.NET, select the areas where the reels should show through, delete them so they go transparent (the chequered background), and save it as a PNG. A JPG can't hold transparency, so it must be PNG. Then in the editor add it as a Static image, put it over the reel windows, and use Arrange > Bring to Front so it is drawn on top of the reels. The reels will show through the holes and the rest of the glass sits over them. If you want a bit of glass shine across the reels as well, a Glass overlay does that, and it has its own opacity slider. It also never takes a click, so it won't block the buttons underneath.

Hope that helps, @DAD may be able to assist more. I will look at updating the app so you can add a transparent colour key to a static image in PFME.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: DAD on Sep 24, 2026, 10:17 AM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Sep 24, 2026, 10:02 AM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 23, 2026, 07:19 PMHi @BarXQueen
The Reels look amazing since the update when lit - massive thank you.

I was looking to try use the merge lamps tool, for example sometimes 10 different lamps light a logo up, but the tool says only one lamp with same number can be used to merge?

And could I ask how do you create a reel overlay to place over the reel masks, as I cant get the reel mask to go transparent to place over the reels, like @DAD does with his layouts, would one of you be able to explain how to please? Many thanks again - loving the work!


H
Quote from: BarXQueen on Sep 24, 2026, 10:02 AM
Quote from: lotechking89 on Sep 23, 2026, 07:19 PMHi @BarXQueen
The Reels look amazing since the update when lit - massive thank you.

I was looking to try use the merge lamps tool, for example sometimes 10 different lamps light a logo up, but the tool says only one lamp with same number can be used to merge?

And could I ask how do you create a reel overlay to place over the reel masks, as I cant get the reel mask to go transparent to place over the reels, like @DAD does with his layouts, would one of you be able to explain how to please? Many thanks again - loving the work!

Reel overlay: PFME can't cut the reel windows out of a picture for you (the "Key out a colour" option is only on lamps and buttons), so the see-through part has to be made in a paint program first. Take your reel glass artwork into something like GIMP or Paint.NET, select the areas where the reels should show through, delete them so they go transparent (the chequered background), and save it as a PNG. A JPG can't hold transparency, so it must be PNG. Then in the editor add it as a Static image, put it over the reel windows, and use Arrange > Bring to Front so it is drawn on top of the reels. The reels will show through the holes and the rest of the glass sits over them. If you want a bit of glass shine across the reels as well, a Glass overlay does that, and it has its own opacity slider. It also never takes a click, so it won't block the buttons underneath.

Hope that helps, @DAD may be able to assist more. I will look at updating the app so you can add a transparent colour key to a static image in PFME.
ope that helps, @DAD may be able to assist more. I will look at updating the app so you can add a transparent colour key to a static image in PFME.
That explains it pretty much but on Hot to Drop I didn't make a reel overlay as separate image.  This time I cut out the reel windows from the main background and made it transparent then sent the reels to the back, so not only could I have the tube effect I had the reels showing through the transparency too and saved myself the job of making an overlay image for the reels at the same time.

See pic! - This is what it looks like in Photoshop before saving as a PNG.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: 1985-martin on Sep 24, 2026, 10:57 AM
Hot to drop reels are still wrong for me
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: DAD on Sep 24, 2026, 11:08 AM
Quote from: martinjpeters1985 on Sep 24, 2026, 10:57 AMHot to drop reels are still wrong for me
OK we're working on a fix for this one - hold tight!
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 24, 2026, 05:06 PM
PFME v0.3.8
Fixed
New
Known
Reported on the forum by players of the Hot to Drop DX layout.
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 24, 2026, 06:27 PM
PFME v0.3.9
Fixed
Reported on the forum by players of the Hot to Drop DX layout.
Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Sep 30, 2026, 07:48 PM
Dear @BarXQueen
When I am creating a 3 player, editing shortcuts via key capture doesn't want to capture per slave cabinet? For example if I want to capture T for Transfer on player 1, then do the same for player 2, and 3 it won't allow me to do this as its already used on player 1 as an example. Can this be edited so each machine can have the same key per player for the same function?

I usually do Cancel ` - Collect C, Auto Play A, Coin in 0, Transfer T - usual ones work 1 2 3 for holds, space for Start etc etc

Could you advise if this could be corrected or if there's a way for me to do this I am trying to do this via Cabinet - Key Mapping :-)

PS In fact no keys want to Capture when in Key Mapping under a three player layout here - just re tried. Thanks

Many thanks
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Oct 01, 2026, 10:26 AM
Hi @lotechking89

You have found a bug, and it is the same bug behind both halves of your post. Thanks for the clear write-up.

The key capture checked the whole layout for a clash, so once player 1 had T for Transfer, players 2 and 3 were told T was already taken. And a three player cabinet built with Create Linked Cabinet or Add Station is a clone of one seat, so every key was already on all three stations before you touched anything. That is why nothing would capture at all: every key you tried was "already used" somewhere.

The playing side was always fine with the same key on every station. The keyboard plays whichever station is selected, Tab and Shift+Tab move it along the row, and clicking a station selects it too. So T presses Transfer on whichever machine you are sat at. Only the editor was refusing it.

Fixed for the next update. A key now only clashes with another button on the same station, and the Key Mapping list says which station each row belongs to (Station 1: TRANSFER, Station 2: TRANSFER and so on) so you can tell the three apart. Your usual set, ` for Cancel, C for Collect, A for Auto Play, 0 for coin, T for Transfer, 1 2 3 for the holds and Space for Start, will go on all three.

In the meantime, if the cabinet was built by cloning, have a look at the Key Mapping list before changing anything: the keys you set on the single machine will already be on every station.
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: lotechking89 on Oct 02, 2026, 11:04 AM
@BarXQueen many thanks for your reply - I will look forward to the next release.

Quick question. I have been using AI to upscale machine stock photos I have and the fills my computer screen in very high definition, when I go to put the artwork onto any 3 player machine it becomes tiny and very distorted/pixelated, I split the artwork into four saved into both formats either PNG or JPEG, and I have tried inserting it as an image and I have also tried it as a cabinet surface to and still doesn't seem to work. I do this at the stage when a 3player is assembled - am I doing something wrong?

When I do a single player layout again a dome cabinet fills my screen in very high resolution I insert it using same methods as above and it goes like a postage stamp! LOL

Any help would be appreciated :-) I managed to do Diva ok (not perfect) but that seemed to be a fluke - I am learning but I am very old skool when it comes to the old paint studio - slowly mastering the new AI and photo tools that I am not familiar with LOL 

Cheers :-)
Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Oct 02, 2026, 02:30 PM
@lotechking89 You're not doing anything wrong. I've looked into it, and it's PFME's layout editor getting the size wrong, not your pictures. Upscaling them was the right thing to do.

There are two things going on. When you put a picture on the cabinet surface (the background), PFME stretches it to fill the space that's already there, whatever shape the picture is. A single-player layout is roughly square and your picture is the shape of your screen, so it gets squashed from the sides. That's the distortion.

The second one is the postage stamp. When you then insert another picture, PFME works out its size from how much it had to shrink the background picture. That's meant for pieces cut out of the background photo, so they drop back exactly where they came from. With a very high resolution background the shrink is big, so every picture you add afterwards gets shrunk by the same amount and squashed the same way. On a three-player cabinet it's worse, because a picture on the top box ends up setting the size for the player stations as well.

I'm fixing this for the next release. A picture you insert will keep its own shape and fit the machine you put it on.

Until then, this should get you going:

1. Click the cabinet surface. In the panel on the right, change Fit from Fill to Uniform. Your picture keeps its proper shape instead of being stretched (you may get a strip down the sides where the shapes don't match).

2. For each picture you insert, type the Width and Height you want into the same panel instead of trusting the size it arrives at. Keep the two numbers in the same proportion as the picture itself, or it will squash again.

3. If you'd rather it filled the space exactly, crop your pictures to the shape of the space before you import them. A single-player machine is close to square, each station on a three-player is a bit wider than it is tall (about 6 wide to 5 high), and the top box is a long strip about 6 times wider than it is high.

Title: Re: PFME - Updates and New Releases
Post by: BarXQueen on Oct 06, 2026, 09:58 AM
PFME v0.3.10 New
Fixed
Worth knowing The first time you open each layout after updating, the machine starts up from its own memory instead of carrying on where you left it. Give it a minute to come up; after that it resumes as normal. Reported on the forum by players of the Hi-Tech and multi-player layouts. Download https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip