DADsFME

Fruit Machine Emulation => PFME - Pluto 6 Emulator => Topic started by: DAD on Aug 20, 2026, 04:57 PM

Title: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: DAD on Aug 20, 2026, 04:57 PM
Introducing PFME – Pluto6 Fruit Machine Emulator by BXQ

After years of A1-based Astra machines being available through MFME, a new chapter in Astra fruit-machine emulation is now beginning.

PFME, which stands for Pluto6 Fruit Machine Emulator, is a new emulator written by BXQ, designed to emulate Astra machines using the later Pluto 6 technology.

For anyone familiar with Astra machines, Pluto 6 represents a significant step forward from the earlier A1 technology. While A1 machines have already been successfully emulated in MFME (Multi Fruit Machine Emulator), PFME takes things into a newer generation of Astra hardware.

And this means some much-loved machines that have previously been difficult or impossible to emulate can now be brought back to life.

Among the machines being targeted are classics such as Double Decker, Party Time, and other Pluto 6-based Astra machines.

This is therefore more than simply another fruit-machine emulator — it's the beginning of a new platform for preserving and emulating an important generation of British fruit machines.

It's important to know that this a 'Concept' release and is constantly being worked upon.  More details, screenshots, game releases and technical information will follow as development continues.

Huge thanks to BXQ for putting the work into making Pluto 6 emulation possible and helping to preserve these machines for future generations of fruit-machine enthusiasts.

You can download PFME here :  https://www.dadsfme.com/ec/pfme/PFME-Setup-latest.zip
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: andy-1 on Aug 20, 2026, 06:05 PM
Thank You BXQ
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Electrocoinfan91 on Aug 20, 2026, 06:21 PM
Wow! Wow, wow, wow wow wow! Just speechless! Was reelking pluto 6?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: DAD on Aug 20, 2026, 06:35 PM
Quote from: Electrocoinfan91 on Aug 20, 2026, 06:21 PMWow! Wow, wow, wow wow wow! Just speechless! Was reelking pluto 6?
Yes it is P6 if you mean the single Player reel based machine.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: always_eight on Aug 20, 2026, 07:21 PM
Thank you BXQ, much appreciated :)
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: cliffc on Aug 20, 2026, 07:34 PM
Thank you for this I have tryed playing both the games and they are not playable on my PC not sure if its the age or if the emulator needs a graphic card. When i play the sounds are not playing correctly the nudges are take ages to start up no where near as fast as the actual machine, not sure if its my PC but i have tryed it on my laptop as well and i get the same issues. 
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: vectra666 on Aug 20, 2026, 07:44 PM
Omg this is the ultimate emulator for me does this mean the £100 partytime will become reality
Personally I'd like the £35 platinum version which was upgraded to £70 a ultra rare machine I had the pleasure to play on also treasury the follow up to bullion bars
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: bullionbars2016 on Aug 20, 2026, 08:18 PM
This is amazing brilliant work cant wait for future updates for it to run smoothly on my laptop 😀
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: re-emulated on Aug 20, 2026, 08:31 PM
Oh my word.  If I'm not mistaken this should run games like Solid Gold, Gold Cup, Pure Gold etc.

Amazing work with this, I was hoping this tech would be emulated at some point.

Please someone create a layout for Solid Gold!!

J
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: jabbathehut on Aug 20, 2026, 09:16 PM
Wow unbelievable.Thanks for this
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: DAD on Aug 20, 2026, 09:29 PM
Quote from: vectra666 on Aug 20, 2026, 07:44 PMOmg this is the ultimate emulator for me does this mean the £100 partytime will become reality
Personally I'd like the £35 platinum version which was upgraded to £70 a ultra rare machine I had the pleasure to play on also treasury the follow up to bullion bars
Quote from: re-emulated on Aug 20, 2026, 08:31 PMOh my word.  If I'm not mistaken this should run games like Solid Gold, Gold Cup, Pure Gold etc.

Amazing work with this, I was hoping this tech would be emulated at some point.

Please someone create a layout for Solid Gold!!

J

In answer to your questions, then I'd say YES all is possible but as I said in the release thread, this is a 'concept' release.  Things are still being worked on.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Wayfinder on Aug 20, 2026, 11:27 PM
Wow!! many thanks, we are being spoiled at the moment!
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: WonkySausage on Aug 20, 2026, 11:35 PM
awesome stuff! thanks a ton :)
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Amusements on Aug 21, 2026, 04:24 AM
Thanks BXQ and Dad:) Not sure if I know any games for this, but I look forward to trying some.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: topshaun on Aug 21, 2026, 08:41 AM
This amazing, another fantastic emulator. Being able to play these especially Double Decker is wonderful, would Part Games be a possibility or that something that wouldnt be possible on this one, I dont thinks it PLuto 6. Anyway looking forward to the DXs and update. Thank you so much. 
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: fruitsnappa on Aug 21, 2026, 08:58 AM
Awesome, many thanks for this. Is it staying at Lo-tec Pluto 6 games or will it advance into the Hi-tec stuff also?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: captainhaddock on Aug 21, 2026, 10:29 AM
Wow, never thought this was possible - huge thanks for this, here's my list of the resources if anything is wanted
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Geddy on Aug 21, 2026, 10:44 AM
Awesome news.  Many thanks.  Would it be possible in the future to 'merge' these emulators?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Clo06 on Aug 21, 2026, 11:11 AM
FME just keep getting better and better with these new emulators.

Thank you BXQ  :)
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: vectra666 on Aug 21, 2026, 11:34 AM
Quote from: Geddy on Aug 21, 2026, 10:44 AMAwesome news.  Many thanks.  Would it be possible in the future to 'merge' these emulators?
This what I was thinking as atm we have something like five different emulators with singular techs (soon to be 7/8) not including mfme
Would make sense in the long run if that's even possible
Also the games run extra slow on the astra emulator atm
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: innfection on Aug 21, 2026, 01:52 PM
Lets get kraken
Jailbreak?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:14 PM
Quote from: fruitsnappa on Aug 21, 2026, 08:58 AMAwesome, many thanks for this. Is it staying at Lo-tec Pluto 6 games or will it advance into the Hi-tec stuff also?

What games are Hi-tec on the platform?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: innfection on Aug 21, 2026, 04:21 PM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:14 PM
Quote from: fruitsnappa on Aug 21, 2026, 08:58 AMAwesome, many thanks for this. Is it staying at Lo-tec Pluto 6 games or will it advance into the Hi-tec stuff also?

What games are Hi-tec on the platform?

lets get kraken
jailbreak
 Ones I know of top of my head
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: shaun2097 on Aug 21, 2026, 07:05 PM
Thank you :)
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: niallquinn on Aug 21, 2026, 11:10 PM
Many thanks, crackers.  All those 20 wilderness years, now, go to bed, in the morning new FME out.

:)
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: MPU_FIVE on Aug 22, 2026, 08:41 AM
Can't believe i missed this release... found it by accident this morning while reading another thread over at DIF.... I notice Dad says it will run Party Time... and wondered if it could run Party Games the Plasma screen 4 player version? - be cool if it does - that would be a top wanted emulation for me. Thanks BARXQueen for this and all others involved... really suprised Harry Headwound (Degsy Degworth) had'nt made a video about this one. What a cool year 2026 is for FME though! WOW!
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: fruitsnappa on Aug 22, 2026, 09:11 AM
Quote from: innfection on Aug 21, 2026, 04:21 PM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:14 PM
Quote from: fruitsnappa on Aug 21, 2026, 08:58 AMAwesome, many thanks for this. Is it staying at Lo-tec Pluto 6 games or will it advance into the Hi-tec stuff also?

What games are Hi-tec on the platform?

Jailbreak is Scorpion 6

lets get kraken
jailbreak
 Ones I know of top of my head
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: fruitsnappa on Aug 22, 2026, 09:14 AM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:14 PM
Quote from: fruitsnappa on Aug 21, 2026, 08:58 AMAwesome, many thanks for this. Is it staying at Lo-tec Pluto 6 games or will it advance into the Hi-tec stuff also?

What games are Hi-tec on the platform?
Most of the Betcom games were Scorpion 5/6 and Pluto 6

Attached a few Hi-tec Pluto 6 game files if any use.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Electrocoinfan91 on Aug 22, 2026, 02:00 PM
Hi. As I've never played on pluto 6 before, I think this may be an issue with the emulator. If not, then disregard this. I'm experiencing this on both releases I think. So with credits in, I have this weird thing where I press escape and the credits pay out. Is there a way of changing this or are these machines doing this in reality?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: fruitsnappa on Aug 22, 2026, 04:56 PM
Quote from: Electrocoinfan91 on Aug 22, 2026, 02:00 PMHi. As I've never played on pluto 6 before, I think this may be an issue with the emulator. If not, then disregard this. I'm experiencing this on both releases I think. So with credits in, I have this weird thing where I press escape and the credits pay out. Is there a way of changing this or are these machines doing this in reality?
Change the keyboard shortcut under "help" tab
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: innfection on Aug 22, 2026, 05:37 PM
Quote from: fruitsnappa on Aug 22, 2026, 09:11 AM
Quote from: innfection on Aug 21, 2026, 04:21 PM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Aug 21, 2026, 02:14 PM
Quote from: fruitsnappa on Aug 21, 2026, 08:58 AMAwesome, many thanks for this. Is it staying at Lo-tec Pluto 6 games or will it advance into the Hi-tec stuff also?

What games are Hi-tec on the platform?

Jailbreak is Scorpion 6

lets get kraken
jailbreak
 Ones I know of top of my head

Jailbreak on the run?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: starsky1808 on Aug 23, 2026, 04:18 PM
Amazing, great work BXQ.

Exciting times.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Ploggy on Aug 23, 2026, 10:22 PM
Great work on getting this up, and running, mate.  Great to see even more FME's getting added to the already extensive list of fruit machine emulated techs we already have.  Gotta catch 'em all, as they say. :) 

Didn't personally get to play the later Astra games in real-life because they came out just after I finished playing fruit machines, but I will still enjoy them knowing I won't lose a penny on the emulator.

Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Ginge on Aug 24, 2026, 05:45 PM
Great stuff thank you  :) . Does this mean we will see games like Austin powers/Bat man begins etc in the future ?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: innfection on Sep 06, 2026, 07:47 PM
For a feature request
A way to save the samples from the machines

A way to turn up volume on machines
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: DAD on Sep 06, 2026, 08:12 PM
Quote from: innfection on Sep 06, 2026, 07:47 PMA way to turn up volume on machines
That should be available in test mode.  I'll do a check to make sure.

[EDIT] Yes they're not set to max by default so you CAN increase the Volume in test mode.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: innfection on Sep 07, 2026, 01:02 PM
Quote from: DAD on Sep 06, 2026, 08:12 PM
Quote from: innfection on Sep 06, 2026, 07:47 PMA way to turn up volume on machines
That should be available in test mode.  I'll do a check to make sure.

[EDIT] Yes they're not set to max by default so you CAN increase the Volume in test mode.
how you enter test mode?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 07, 2026, 09:18 PM
@BarXQueen What's the highest pixel depth for slot art bud.  I have some insanely huge artwork available for Solid Gold, I plan on doing a full machine, this machine is insanely huge.  I did notice, I got the RGB for the fluorescent tubing working to a good level on my layout, however it's often crashing the emulator.  Also is there a way I can size layout dimensions at all?

J
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 07, 2026, 09:38 PM
So, if I start dragging these tubes about, (they are only test images for these assets, they are way too bright), the emulator crashes.  Are my images too big?



J
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: DAD on Sep 07, 2026, 09:39 PM
Quote from: re-emulated on Sep 07, 2026, 09:18 PM@BarXQueen What's the highest pixel depth for slot art bud.  I have some insanely huge artwork available for Solid Gold, I plan on doing a full machine, this machine is insanely huge.  I did notice, I got the RGB for the fluorescent tubing working to a good level on my layout, however it's often crashing the emulator.  Also is there a way I can size layout dimensions at all?

J
While editing/building your layout, try pausing the machine as that will reduce the load on your computer.  Thanks to BXQ for that tip.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 07, 2026, 09:41 PM
Yes, that's great advice.  :)

J
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: compostcorner on Sep 09, 2026, 08:42 PM
Thanks for this. I missed the release as I was on my jollies....
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator Stupid Noob
Post by: JPMer on Sep 16, 2026, 04:33 PM
I'm an MFME fan so I'm super keen to try this Pluto emulator but the ZIP doens't contain the PFME layouts does it?  I assume it can't for legal reason...  HAve you got any help for noobs I can't even see a game to open  ::)
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: DAD on Sep 16, 2026, 04:46 PM
Quote from: JPMer on Sep 16, 2026, 04:33 PMI'm an MFME fan so I'm super keen to try this Pluto emulator but the ZIP doens't contain the PFME layouts does it?  I assume it can't for legal reason...  HAve you got any help for noobs I can't even see a game to open  ::)
The layouts are in the Release Area.  Just look for 'PFME' in the thread title.

https://dadsfme.com/index.php?board=4.0
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: cashstrike on Sep 22, 2026, 09:07 AM
Thank you this is amazing
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: bullionbars2016 on Sep 26, 2026, 09:40 PM
Hi there just a couple of things to address on what ive noticed so as example if I was playing a 3 player double decker and had a single play super reels ive noticed that having both running together it doesnt slow down thr single player but the multiplayer still run sluggish or same without the single player machine and it doesnt slow down the single player but multiplayer is sluggish if you get what I mean and is they any chance on thr next update could you make paying out the bank a little faster if possible when you have £200 bank takes around 2 mins empty the bank lol thankyou
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: bullionbars2016 on Sep 26, 2026, 10:16 PM
Device name
danny
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz (2.30 GHz)
Installed RAM
16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (4 GB) Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (128 MB)
Storage DeviceD
674 GB o1.36

Thats my spec of laptop im using
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: re-emulated on Sep 27, 2026, 09:03 AM
£200 would take around a couple of mins to collect, that's just how it's emulated here, very likely exactly the same as in real life.  When collecting you could turn turbo mode on to collect the bank much quicker.

J
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 27, 2026, 11:51 AM
Quote from: bullionbars2016 on Sep 26, 2026, 09:40 PMHi there just a couple of things to address on what ive noticed so as example if I was playing a 3 player double decker and had a single play super reels ive noticed that having both running together it doesnt slow down thr single player but the multiplayer still run sluggish or same without the single player machine and it doesnt slow down the single player but multiplayer is sluggish if you get what I mean and is they any chance on thr next update could you make paying out the bank a little faster if possible when you have £200 bank takes around 2 mins empty the bank lol thankyou

Thanks for the spec, that explains it. A 3 player Double Decker is really four machines running at once (the top box plus three stations), and they all have to keep in step, so the slowest one sets the pace for the lot. Your i5-8300H has four cores, and that is right at the limit for four boards. Super Reels is a single board, so it sits happily on a spare core and neither machine slows the other down, which is exactly what you saw. It isn't a fault, your laptop is just working flat out on the Double Decker. A one player Double Decker is far lighter, because it's two boards instead of four, and I'm looking at putting one out alongside the full version.

On the payout, you're right, it was too slow. The hopper was paying about 2.5 coins a second, and the next update brings it up to about 5.5, which is more like a real machine. A big bank should empty in well under half the time it does now.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: bullionbars2016 on Sep 27, 2026, 07:47 PM
Quote from: BarXQueen on Sep 27, 2026, 11:51 AM
Quote from: bullionbars2016 on Sep 26, 2026, 09:40 PMHi there just a couple of things to address on what ive noticed so as example if I was playing a 3 player double decker and had a single play super reels ive noticed that having both running together it doesnt slow down thr single player but the multiplayer still run sluggish or same without the single player machine and it doesnt slow down the single player but multiplayer is sluggish if you get what I mean and is they any chance on thr next update could you make paying out the bank a little faster if possible when you have £200 bank takes around 2 mins empty the bank lol thankyou

Thanks for the spec, that explains it. A 3 player Double Decker is really four machines running at once (the top box plus three stations), and they all have to keep in step, so the slowest one sets the pace for the lot. Your i5-8300H has four cores, and that is right at the limit for four boards. Super Reels is a single board, so it sits happily on a spare core and neither machine slows the other down, which is exactly what you saw. It isn't a fault, your laptop is just working flat out on the Double Decker. A one player Double Decker is far lighter, because it's two boards instead of four, and I'm looking at putting one out alongside the full version.

On the payout, you're right, it was too slow. The hopper was paying about 2.5 coins a second, and the next update brings it up to about 5.5, which is more like a real machine. A big bank should empty in well under half the time it does now.
many thanks for your reply yeah ive been looking at a new laptop as this has had its days over 9 years old lol 😆 single unit machines works perfect as you've said my laptop is running its arse off when a multiplayer get loaded... thankyou for your reply and about the coin payout too!
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Bladeforce on Sep 29, 2026, 04:49 PM
Great program! Any chance of a linux port?
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: BarXQueen on Sep 30, 2026, 10:36 AM
Quote from: Bladeforce on Sep 29, 2026, 04:49 PMGreat program! Any chance of a linux port?

Anything is possible, but it would be a lot of work. The front end is WinUI 3 and would need to be rewritten in something like Avalonia. I'm not a Linux user so wouldn't have the means to develop or test it.

You could try it in Wine although I believe the WinUI 3 implementation is still not complete.
Title: Re: PFME Pluto6 Emulator
Post by: Bladeforce on Oct 02, 2026, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the reply. It currently doesnt work with wine but its cool.