News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

Zero Posters

Started by DAD, Nov 29, 2014, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl

Quote from: DAD on Oct 29, 2018, 10:18 PMWell what do you know I totally forgot, so its a few months not weeks gone by since my last post on this subject.  We're well overdue for a purge so if you're a new member and want to stick around please have a think about contributing to the forum.

Cheers
I would 'Like' your post bud, but it appears I've lost my 'Like' button to press in comments lol 
My website... take a ganders!
www.daryl2510.wordpress.com

Find me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/daryl2510

Marlon36

I don't blame you DAD! When I joined this site I became the 150th Member, at the time of this post there are 413 Members. I can count on one hand how many of the ones who joined after me have ever posted. Not even just to say a quick 'Thank you' after downloading someone's fab work.

DAD

Think its about time for another cleansing don't you?

Welcome to DADsFME, enjoy your stay :)

Lewis_drfc

Quote from: DAD on Aug 10, 2019, 11:52 PMThink its about time for another cleansing don't you?

Gotta agree, layouts getting underappreciated once again with no thanks, like or comment. I used to not contribute here or at DIF or anywhere but I always said thanks and I don't understand why people don't have the courtesy to do so  >:(   :-X

Geddy

Quote from: DAD on Aug 10, 2019, 11:52 PMThink its about time for another cleansing don't you?

... it's always time haha :)

DAD

OK so I've deleted quite a few members who signed up but have never visited the site since - BYE to all of those!!

However I was going to do the ZERO posters and noticed there are quite a few names I recognise from other sites.  Not only that, some of those have visited very recently and have been members for a very long time -

So what's the score?

Just here to download, nothing to say, nothing to contribute or just can't be arsed?

I realise FME isn't like it was years ago when you could download 20 layouts a day and F5 was your best friend but come on.  It takes a second just to post a 'thank you' for a download.  IMHO its the least you can do for all the hard work that goes into making these releases.

I'll give it a while longer but ZERO posters WILL have their accounts deleted some time soon, and I call upon Admins of the other FME sites to do the same.

Rant over!

Geddy

I would really like it... since it's been a bug bear of mine for ages that all members use the same nicknames across all the FME sites.  I know it will never happen but then making a layout for MPU5 was literal suicide - times can change... :)

DAD

How many active members do you think are around FME these days, not just here but across all forums?

Not many I can tell you!

I've just been thinking of having a ZERO posters cull again but while looking through the list I was amazed but some VERY familiar names who haven't even logged in here for quite some time. 

Let me put that into perspective - A certain user has over 600 posts here but hasn't visited the site for nearly three years.  Well what's the point in keeping that account?  Non whatsoever in my view.

Its REALLY pissed me off to be honest and I've decided that anyone who hasn't visited DADsFME within the last year, whether or not they have a decent post count or not will have their account removed.

Tommy c

Nothing wrong with that imo,if they have no interest in logging in here and contributing,show them the exit.

altharic

I still read the posts but only occasionally post myself still in the belief that something will inspire me to post something useful.

Clo06

Sounds like a good idea to me, keep the place all nice and tidy for us that do visit and contribute here.

Geddy

Unless they have lost their passwords etc... but I'm sure they could have alerted us to the fact somehow...

Daryl

I best make a post then, in case I forget to pop back this year...  ;)
My website... take a ganders!
www.daryl2510.wordpress.com

Find me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/daryl2510

Marlon36

Quote from: hans35 on Jul 12, 2017, 03:52 PMI. Do agree I'm new only just signed up but should at least join in instead of grab and run

I pressed the like button on this post at the time.

Sadly, after hans35 had made that post he was never seen or heard from again.

Rumour has it that he's still running! Probably alongside the layouts he managed to grab... ;)

Go on Dad get your brush out lad and give the place a good sweep... you will feel much better for it! :)

Freedom

I don't visit here much but always appreciate what everyone does and I don't download here much either but the ones I have were nowhere else! Will always donate and don't take the piss/leech either but if you throw me out I want my money back hahahaha
Hawaiian says "Join us on Freedom too if you so wish"!