News:

Welcome Back!

Main Menu

has fme died

Started by altharic, Jan 12, 2015, 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altharic

Quote from: re-emulated on Jan 17, 2015, 09:00 PMI know.  I definitely think KC's emu is going to be awesome and he's maybe just hit a stumbling block or busy with real life etc but this has always been the thing in FME.
J

And as previously stated takes 30 seconds to post, folks might be able to help.

spa

To be fair we've been waiting for Epoch for years. What's another week/month/year/years.

re-emulated

I'm not sure that he needs any help with his emulator, I believe people have been testing initially, but it would be nice if he could post an update, definitely would stop any speculation.

J

altharic

That's not how it works tho is it, "it will be done before the new year" new year has been and gone i think we have a right to onow what's going on tbh is it a hoax is it another icarus?

Geddy

That is all 'we' are asking to be fair.  We are not pressurising for a release, we know how these things can go wrong we are only asking for a post to inform us of progress or lack of it...

re-emulated

I don't think we have any rights to know what's going on.  But I totally agree that an update of some sort would be appreciated by everyone who is looking forward to the emulator being released.  I can't imagine for one minute that this is a hoax.

J

Geddy

Yeah maybe not a 'right' however I'm just talking common politeness here that is all....

altharic

Almost 4 weeks of radio silence is abit much imo.

spa

It is a shame he put a date on it. If I had paid money I would be fuming.

altharic

Quote from: spa on Jan 18, 2015, 09:02 PMIt is a shame he put a date on it. If I had paid money I would be fuming.

That's my point he said he'd do something and hasn't and yet we are not allowed to question it?

Geddy

Quote from: spa on Jan 18, 2015, 09:02 PMIt is a shame he put a date on it. If I had paid money I would be fuming.

That's my point..... he did and I have..... :(

spa

Of course you can question it.

He'll not get it ready any quicker.

I'm more than used to this from the past. If it comes out today... yay. If it comes out in a year... yay. If it never comes out...... yay, whatever lol